We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The favorite delicacies of the bear are everything that we grow every season: potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. However, she is extremely gluttonous, and she absolutely does not care how much labor and effort we put into summer cottages.
With the help of huge claws bear digs underground holes, sometimes up to a meter deep. The insect loves the warmth of the sun and prefers to settle closer to the soil surface.
By the beginning of summer, she is already laying a clutch of eggs, of which there are always at least several thousand. In order to provide comfort to its children, the bear cuts off parts of garden plants - this way it creates shady coolness for small cubs.
I would like to praise the insect for such strong maternal feelings, but only the language does not turn: it is so offensive for a summer resident to lose a harvest grown by his own hands. Let's see how to get rid of the bear with folk remedies?
How to deal with it?
Thousands of horticultural owners annually turn to new methods of fighting the bear with folk remedies.
There are several of the most effective ideas:
- Installation of fences. It happens that a bear is wielding a neighboring plot, and the gardener knows this. To prevent the appearance of an insect on your land, it is recommended to drive small tin plates into the soil.
They should rise above the ground at a height of 45 cm, and go inside to a 55-centimeter depth. The site should be fenced on all sides.
- Excavation of a pothole. Its ideal depth is 50 cm, length is around the entire perimeter of the cottage. Fine glass, gravel, and pieces of brick should be poured into the ditch. The pest will not get over them.
- Etching minks with kerosene. You will need 0.1 liters of kerosene and 10 liters of water. The liquids must be mixed, and then pour one and a half tablespoons into the dug holes, where the bear is hiding.
Perform the procedure at night. Together with this - sprinkle the aisles with sandmixed with kerosene (one large spoonful of liquid per bucket of sand).
- Filling the holes with household soap and powder diluted in water. To implement this folk remedy for a bear, we need a bucket of water, soap - 10 grams, powder - 50 grams.
Half a liter of liquid in each well. After a couple of minutes, the bear will crawl out of the ground in horror. And if it doesn’t come out, it will die at depth.
- Irritation of the pest with a coniferous smell. This folk way of dealing with the bear is relevant due to the fact that the bear cannot stand the aroma of needles, it will be appropriate to use this. You should dig holes near the vegetable ridges and pour small needles into them. It will not hurt to fill the holes with it.
- Wrapping the plants with a damp cloth. Before planting tomatoes and bell peppers in the ground, wrap the stems with a cloth soaked in water. Tthe vendace should be like underground, and above its surface. Do not use too coarse and thick fabric.
- Repel the pest with onions and garlic. Having prepared a hole for planting seed in it, it is necessary to lay a pothole around it (3 cm deep). Put the husk remaining after peeling the onion into it, add sand, cover with earth.
A little different should be done with garlic.: put one clove of peeled garlic in all the holes along with the seeds. The pungent smells of these vegetables do not like the bear.
- Burying fish heads underground. This method is not pleasant, but it gives a good effect. Once during the entire summer season, you need to bury the heads of fish on your land plot. Do not immerse them to a great depth, 30 cm will be enough.
- Destruction of the bear with calcium carbide. This substance must be placed in the holes of the pest - 5 grams each. After that, lightly tamp the soil. When it rains or underground waters start to stand out, a chemical reaction will take place - acetylene will be released from the carbide, which will poison the bear.
If the year turned out to be arid or the soil in the area is not rich in groundwater, it is recommended to water the soil after laying carbide in the burrows.
- Destruction of eggs. Medvedka lays eggs in late spring or early summer. At this time, one should not be lazy and walk with a shovel at least where the insect was found. When interacting with oxygen, eggs die.
If the rags are moistened not with ordinary water, but with soapy water, the bear will not like it doubly. The guarantee that it will not touch tomatoes and peppers is very great.
Medvedka is easy to lure with what she likes best.
The pest does not know that the bait will be fatal for him, as it contains poison.
One of the options for such a trick is the use of karbofos in a volume of 50 grams.
You will also need a kilo of cooked bran or pea grains and 30 ml of vegetable oil. The mixture is buried underground.
The bait containing karbofos can cause poisoning of livestock and poultry, therefore, it is impossible to process the surface of the earth and, moreover, plants with it.
Another way to bait a bear is to bait a bear with an egg shell, which the insect considers a delicacy. The shell must first be crushed to a powdery state.
Add unrefined vegetable oil. Put a little of the mixture in each hole when planting, along with the vegetable seeds. If the insect attacked after planting, then cover the small-length furrows near the holes (about 40 mm deep) with shells. Medvedka will devour the oil powder and die.
You can also purchase ready-made baits:
- Phenaxin plus;
All of these drugs are poisonous, but, as research and practical experience show, their negative effects do not apply to poultry and bees. but be careful with cows, rabbits and sheep.
In addition to folk methods of dealing with a pest that eats potatoes and tomatoes, there are others. For example, the use of special repellents.
They can be:
Chemicals in another way are called fumigators... Their action is based on the effect on the bear of a certain chemical substance or complex of substances.
Electric affects the pest with a discharge of current... Most often, they destroy mosquitoes and midges, but these repellents are also used to remove bears.
Ultrasonic anti-bear remedies have not yet been developed, but gardeners use similar mole repellents and confirm the excellent effect of the influence of these devices on the bear.
Ultrasound propagates vibration waves around itself over a considerable distance. This worries the bear very much, and she leaves her home in a hurry. Ten days is enough to powerful device scared away the pest (for example, "Tornado OZV.02").
Another effective mole and bear repeller is solar. The solar-powered bear repeller also emits sound that pests don't like. One of the proven brands is Solar.
Its advantages are obvious:
- Medvedki will never get used to the signal, as it constantly fluctuates.
- The device glows in the dark.
- The battery is recharged not only from the sun, but also from the light of the moon.
Manure-filled grooves can be used as claw pest traps. They break out to a depth of 50 cm and have the same width. The manure in them should be compacted very tightly.
Medvedka, looking for a place for wintering, goes to warm manure and buries in it. With the onset of cold weather, closer to December, the groove must be dug and fertilizer must be scattered over the site. Having frozen, the bear will die.
The help of manure can also be used in May, when the insect starts laying eggs. Having placed several piles in the country, you can expect that the pest will crawl into them to breed. Periodically, heaps need to be gutted.
The simplest trap for a bear is to dig several cans of water into the ground in the spring. At night, several bears will find themselves in water captivity.
This photo clearly shows the trap for a bear:
So, what are the main theses that can be distinguished from the read:
- Medvedka is the enemy of potatoes and tomatoes.
- The pest does not tolerate the smells of onions, garlic.
- Poisons that kill the bear can be dangerous to pets.
- A variety of scarers can take the insect away from the garden for a long time.
- Pest eggs are laid in May, and the bear tries to find a warm refuge, for example, a dung heap.
This video clearly describes how to deal with a bear: