The opinion that fleas attack only premises where there are pets is erroneous. It is absolutely unimportant for these small parasites whose blood they feed. Therefore, both a cat, a dog, and a person can suffer from the bites of flea parasites.
Painful bites, itching and allergies are just a few of the troubles this nondescript fly can cause. A much more serious problem is the ability of these bloodsuckers to spread serious infectious diseases, such as: typhus, tuberculosis, plague, brucellosis, hepatitis.
Having appeared by chance in an apartment, these insects begin to multiply with an incomprehensible speed, quickly reclaiming space from the owners of the house and turning their quiet life into hell.
IMPORTANT! At the first detection of individual individuals, you should try to get rid of parasites as soon as possible.
How do you know if fleas have attacked your apartment?
Very often, flea bites can be confused with bedbugs (you can see in the photo how flea bites look on the human body here). Therefore, before taking measures to destroy uninvited guests you should first make sure that the house is inhabited by fleas.
Distinctive features of flea parasites:
- small size(from 1 to 5 mm in length);
- coloration... Varies from yellow to dark brown;
- body structure... Fleas are compressed on the sides, they have bristles on the body, with which they cling to surfaces;
- jumping ability... Fleas are endowed with the ability to jump high and over fairly long distances. A jump in height can reach up to 50 cm, and in length - from 50 to 100 cm. This feature helps fleas find themselves a suitable warm-blooded prey, which they can easily jump onto.
You can see different types of fleas in the photo and find out what they look like here.
How do fleas get into apartments?
There are over two thousand species of fleas.
In living quarters, most often live: cat fleas, human (they are also called basements), rat (especially dangerous, since they are carriers of the plague), bed (in fact, this variety does not exist in nature, people usually refer to bed as all varieties of flea families found in bedding), canine.
The reasons for the appearance of fleas in apartments:
For more information on where bad people come from in apartments, see our dedicated article.
Where do they like to live in apartments?
- sleeping places for pets (bedding, rugs, baskets, houses);
- carpets, bed linen, capes, bedspreads, upholstered furniture, toys;
- skirting boards, cracks in the floor, window sills, wallpaper;
REFERENCE! The opinion that adult fleas live in the fur of pets is erroneous. The flea jumps on its prey only in search of food. Saturated with blood, she strives for shelter (a warm comfortable place, of which there are many in the apartment).
Getting rid of a flea misfortune is not easy. These small insects are very tenacious and often after the treatment of housing with insecticides, the parasites reappear after a while. This is why it is important to use preventative measures to keep your home safe from the brown plague.