Tomatoes of the Golden Raspberry Miracle series are known for their unique raspberry color, crumbly and soft structure, large size and incredible taste.
The variety "Raspberry Miracle" itself turned out to be so good that in 2014 it was awarded a gold medal at the Russian agro-industrial exhibition.
And this is what caused the appearance of many of its hybrids, the qualities of which we will talk about today.
Tomatoes Golden Raspberry Miracle: variety description
The "Raspberry Miracle" variety turned out to be so successful that breeders were actively engaged in breeding hybrids that compensate for the slightest shortcomings of the rest. Each hybrid from this series has its own properties and improves the qualities of the previous ones.
Often, vegetable growers purchase several hybrid varieties of these tomatoes at once:
- "Raspberry Sunset" has a very high yield and large fruits. The peel is smooth, rich crimson color. The fruits weigh 500-700 grams.
- "Raspberry Wine". This hybrid has small, incredibly rich taste. The most aromatic of all varieties in this series. Fruit weight 300-400 grams.
- "Bright Malinovka" is a unique hybrid, the taste of tomatoes strongly resembles a watermelon, as well as their consistency. All tomatoes are 400-700 grams.
- "Raspberry Paradise" - medium-sized and very sweet fruits. Weight 500-600 grams.
- "Berry-raspberry" - medium-sized, juicy fruits with a bright color. Fruit weight 300-500g.
You can compare the weight of fruits with other varieties in the table below:
|Variety name||Fruit weight|
|The president||250-300 grams|
|De Barao Giant||350|
All hybrids are designated F1, which means a first generation hybrid. All tomatoes from the Golden Raspberry Miracle series are hybrid. The best breeders have worked on them for many years in order to achieve exactly such taste and external indicators. The varieties were bred in Russia at the end of the 20th century.
Tomatoes are classified as indeterminate. They grow to the last knotted cluster, and if the climate is suitable, then the growth continues for several years. Specifically, this variety can reach two meters in height, it must be tied up, the bush is not a standard bush.
Varieties of the Zolotoe Raspberry Miracle series are mostly medium late, approximately one hundred fifty days from the appearance of the first shoots to the ripening of fruits.
In the course of improvements to this variety, it began to provide amazing resistance to late blight, so on the bushes you will never see darkened shoots or black spots on the fruits. Tomatoes can be grown both in the greenhouse and in the open field, they are very unpretentious.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of the variety include:
- Fruits that are highly valued in the market for their taste and marketability. In addition, they do not crack when ripe and are very resistant to late blight.
- The varieties of the collection are high-yielding; 4-5 kg of large fruits can be harvested from a bush at a time. A surprisingly large area of land favorable for growth: the middle zone of Russia and even all Siberian regions. The variety tolerates rain and sudden changes in temperature.
- The seeds of the Raspberry Miracle persist for 15 years, greatly surpassing almost all other tomatoes in this.
It is difficult to find the disadvantages of these varieties. Is that the fact that as they ripen, the fruits become smaller and smaller, but in some cases it even plays into the hands.
In the table below you can see what the yield of other varieties of tomatoes is:
|The president||7-9 kg per square meter|
|Grandma's gift||up to 6 kg per bush|
|Brown sugar||6-7 kg per square meter|
|Premier||6-9 kg per square meter|
|Polbig||3.8-4 kg per bush|
|Black bunch||6 kg per bush|
|Kostroma||4.5-5 kg per bush|
|Red bunch||10 kg per bush|
|Lazy||15 kg per square meter|
|Doll||8-9 kg per square meter|
The variety gained such popularity among vegetable growers and buyers because of the amazing properties of its fruits:
- Big size. Fruit weight ranges from 200 to 600 grams, basically all tomatoes are close to the maximum.
- Loose, soft and juicy pulp with an incredibly sweet taste and strong aroma.
- Beautiful, smooth and eye-catching peel, ribbed surface.
- Tomatoes have a very small number of seed chambers and seeds, but a rather large percentage of dry matter.
The fruits of this variety are really versatile - they can be safely used for preservation, but at the same time they are very well suited for fresh salads and dishes.
Features of growing and storage
The varieties of the "Golden Raspberry Miracle" collection are unpretentious. They are planted in any region of Russia. The soil for planting seeds is prepared in the fall, and the seeds are placed in it in early March. The planted bush requires regular watering, weeding and loosening of the earth.
It is desirable to feed tomatoes with complex mineral fertilizers... Most often, the bushes are tied up, since they cannot withstand the weight of the fruits, but here it all depends on the state of the plant. To keep the fruits already harvested in a fresher form, they are stored in a dark, cool place, not very tightly packed together. In order for the tomatoes to spoil less, they must lie upside down.
Diseases and pests
Diseases affecting these varieties of tomatoes and methods of protection against them:
- Brown spot. To prevent the occurrence of this disease, you should cover the plants with agrofibre at night.
- Top rot - death for green fruits. Calcium nitrate and wood ash save it. They are poured into the ground when planting in small quantities, a tablespoon each.
- Copper sulfate helps fight brown spot... It appears as brown spots on the back of the leaf. A solution of copper sulfate is sprayed on the affected areas of the bush.
Varieties are also often attacked by some pests:
- Plant aphid;
- Gall nematode;
- Spider mite;
Tomato collections "Golden Raspberry Miracle" are actually wonderful varieties with great fruits. They do not require much trouble, and under favorable conditions and careful care they please with a bountiful harvest.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with the description and recommendations for growing tomatoes of the "Golden Raspberry Miracle" series in the following video:
In the table below you will find useful links about tomato varieties with different ripening times:
|Mid late||Mid-early||Super early|
|Volgogradskiy 5 95||Pink Bush F1||Labrador|
|Honey fireworks||The mystery of nature||Shchelkovsky early|
|De Barao Red||New Konigsberg||President 2|
|De Barao Orange||King of the Giants||Liana pink|
|De Barao Black||Openwork||Locomotive|
|Market miracle||Chio chio san||Sanka|