Stuffed pepper is a dish of Moldovan cuisine, Bulgarian cuisine, Romanian cuisine, Azerbaijani cuisine and Georgian cuisine. For this dish, peeled peppers are used, stuffed with ground beef, ground lamb, tomatoes, and rice. They can be served to the table with an estimate and other ingredients suitable to the taste of pepper.
In this article, we will share the secrets of how to make delicious pickled peppers stuffed with cabbage and carrots. We also recommend watching a useful and interesting video on this topic.
What it is?
Fermentation is one of the ways of harvesting crops, berries and fruits for the winter, as a result of which, in the process of physicochemical moments, lactic acid appears, which is a natural preservative. Vegetables are fermented in brine (whole or in pieces), or in personal juice (they are crushed, chopped, chopped), table salt is added, under the influence of lactic acid bacteria, a fermentation (fermentation) procedure takes place.
Salt is not considered an important ingredient, it affects the taste and inhibits the development of pathogenicity... Salt for brine is taken in a volume of 5% of the amount of liquid, and for fermentation in personal juice in a proportion of 1.5-2% of the volume of vegetables.
ATTENTION: The fermentation period depends on the temperature and the amount of salt. There are no differences in the methods of making regular peppers and stuffed peppers.
Pickled peppers with carrots
- 3 kilograms of bell pepper;
- 0.5 kilograms of onions;
- 0.3 kilograms of carrots;
- 50 grams of salt;
- one glass of vegetable oil;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- some dry dill.
- The pepper should be sweet and late.
- Next, wash the pepper and scrub the insides and seeds. Wash one more time.
- Then bake the peppers at 180 degrees Celsius for five minutes.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Cut the carrots into long strips.
- Fry onions and carrots in vegetable oil. Use only a third of a glass of oil. Fry for five minutes.
- Add one third of salt and garlic to a bowl with fried onions and carrots. Mix everything and start stuffing the pepper.
- Place the pepper in a container. Salt each layer of peppers and sprinkle with garlic. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Place the load on top and place in a cold place for 24 hours.
- When the pepper in oil starts up the juice, put it in a cool room, where the temperature will not exceed four degrees Celsius. The pepper will be cooked in about a month. To keep the pepper until spring, the temperature must be between 0 degrees and 4 degrees Celsius.
- 10 pieces of bell pepper;
- 500 grams of cabbage;
- 2 carrots;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- bitter pepper to taste;
- any greens to taste.
- one liter of water;
- two tablespoons of salt;
- four tablespoons of sugar;
- two pieces of black and allspice;
- two leaves of lavrushka.
- Wash the peppers, peel them and put them in boiling water for two minutes.
- To cool the vegetables quickly, they must be transferred to cool water. The pepper should be soft and firm.
- Bring water to a boil, salt, add sugar and spices.
- Cool down.
Cooking the filling:
- Chop and mash the cabbage without adding salt.
- Grate carrots and garlic on a fine grater.
- Mix everything and add chopped herbs, pepper and paprika.
- Stuff the peppers and tighten the filling.
- Transfer the prepared peppers to a container in which fermentation will take place and pour in a cool brine.
- Cover with a lid and press down with a load on top.
- Store at room temperature for four days, and then refrigerate.
Watch a video about cooking pickled peppers stuffed with cabbage:
Peppers can be stuffed with a variety of fillings, for example:
- various cereals (most often rice);
- minced meat;
How to store?
You can store this vegetable, like the rest of the pickled crop, in jars, cellar, refrigerator, barrels and on the balcony. Peppers with cabbage, onions and carrots should be stored in a cold room.... The container should be closed with plastic lids so that the brine does not evaporate and the pepper does not sour.
Preparation for the winter
There are a couple of methods for storing peppers. Storage methods for the winter of pepper:
- Marinating in jars.
- Freezing in the freezer.
IMPORTANT: With proper preparation and storage of pepper, all its useful properties will not change.
- There are approximately 1000 varieties of peppers in the world.
- The genus of peppers includes about one and a half thousand plants - herbs, vines and shrubs. Pepper is most often found in the American tropics and here and there in East Asia.
- The homeland of pepper is India, where the first mentions of it were found about three thousand years ago.
- In the 16th century, red pepper was brought to Russia as well. Now it grows in all parts of the country.
- Pepper is used not only for cooking, but also for medicinal purposes. For example: ointments for warming, in the manufacture of pepper plaster, used in the manufacture of drugs to improve appetite, digestion and blood circulation.
- Not every red pepper is hot, these varieties are called sweet, for example: paprika. The sweetness of this pepper ranges from low to high. It is a well-known vegetable crop.
- Depending on the variety, peppers have a variety of health benefits. For example: red pepper contains a lot of vitamin C, sweet pepper contains vitamin A, and the use of green pepper will stop the development of atherosclerosis, burning pepper will relieve depression.
Pepper is a delicious and healthy vegetable. Most of all iodine, silicon, iron and antioxidants are found in bell peppers. Thanks to fermentation, you can prepare both hot and sweet peppers. Suitable for a variety of dishes. Perfect for soups. Stuffed peppers are a simple and delicious dish. Has excellent taste and aesthetics. This dish will delight all guests on the festive table.