Garlic is very popular in almost all cuisines of the world. In folk medicine, there are many recipes based on the beneficial properties of this vegetable crop.
Although you can buy this garlic at the store, it's best to make it yourself at home.
Only home-cooked pickled garlic will be the most delicious, and besides, it will be a guarantee of the absence of harmful preservatives.
After all, to get the maximum benefit, you need to use only natural products.
Features of canning
Pickling is one of the types of canning vegetables, during which lactic acid is formed (it is a natural preservative). Pickled vegetables have a high nutritional value, they have a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, destroy harmful bacteria, increase immunity and prevent infectious diseases.
IMPORTANT! If you have diseases associated with increased acidity of the stomach: gastritis, stomach ulcers, gastroduodenitis, then you are strictly prohibited from eating pickled vegetables.
Pickled garlic has the same amount of beneficial properties and vitamins as a fresh vegetable. It remains crisp but loses its unpleasant and pungent odor after being consumed.
Trace elements contained in garlic:
In addition, it has a high content of vitamins: B, C, D, P. They help to normalize the nervous system, protect the body from viruses and bacteria, and help get rid of many diseases. The benefits of this vegetable crop cannot be overstated. Especially in autumn and winter, when the body is prone to various diseases, it is very useful to use garlic for prevention.
Useful properties of pickled garlic for children:
- growth accelerates, bones and teeth become stronger, wounds heal faster;
- prevention of influenza and various viral diseases;
- immunity is strengthened;
- improves appetite;
- due to the formation of bile, digestion is accelerated.
Most children, when consuming dry garlic, complain about its unpleasant smell and taste. Thanks to fermentation, these negative effects are lost, and the child will be happy to take this product with food.
In ancient Rome, gladiators ate several cloves of pickled garlic every day, thanks to this, they had strong immunity, they were always brave and courageous.
Useful properties of pickled garlic for the elderly:
- strengthens bones, prevents fractures;
- the risk of developing stomach cancer decreases;
- reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes;
- bile secretion improves;
- the work of the pancreas and thyroid gland is normalized;
- the aging process of the body slows down.
REFERENCE! Even a healthy person should regularly take garlic, because daily stress, an unhealthy lifestyle and unhealthy diet will make themselves felt with age.
Recipes: how to ferment and salt at home?
At this stage of time, there are numerous recipes for pickling garlic, each of which makes the presented product unique in its own way.
To prepare this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- young garlic - the amount is optional;
- Apple vinegar;
Having prepared the food, you can start cooking sauerkraut:
- Peel the heads of young garlic, cut off the bottom with roots, wash well.
- Place the heads tightly in a jar (you can either whole or in separate cloves).
- Prepare a 1: 2 marinade. Take 0.5 liters of water for 1 liter of apple cider vinegar, stir and add about two tablespoons of rock salt.
- Stir the marinade until completely dissolved and pour into a jar of garlic.
- After a few days, pour a fresh, identical marinade into the jar.
- Do such actions within 40 days.
- For the last time, pour 1 liter of water, half a tablespoon of rock salt and vinegar into the jar.
- Store in a dark place.
The delicacy will be ready by September.
Whole heads as on the market
The following products are required for cooking:
- spicy pepper;
- horseradish leaves;
- allspice with peas;
- Bay leaf;
- dill, cherry leaves (to taste).
Having prepared the products, you should follow these steps:
- Place a pot of water on the fire. Boil.
- Add salt (about two tablespoons) and stir until completely dissolved.
- Place in a cool place to cool the solution.
- Remove the excess husk from the heads of garlic and put them tightly in jars. You also need to add a little horseradish leaves, allspice, a piece of hot pepper.
- Fill the jars with chilled solution and put them in a cool place for 3 weeks.
- If necessary, you can periodically add boiled water to the brine.
After three weeks, the garlic is ready. In this form, it can stand with you for several months. If you want to increase the shelf life, then it can be preserved. But before that, you need to pour new brine into the jars.
To prepare this recipe, you need the following products:
- black pepper;
Having prepared the products, you can start preparing the recipe:
- Peel the garlic heads. Dip the vegetable in boiling water for 1 minute. After a while, pour cold water over it.
- Cut the beets into thin slices.
- Place beets and garlic tightly in the jars, alternating between them.
- Place a 1L pot of water on the fire along with salt, sugar, black pepper and cloves.
- Remove the solution from heat and pour 100 ml of vinegar into it.
- Pour marinade into jars and place in a cool, dark place.
The product will be fully ready in three days. If you want to preserve it, you should sterilize the jars in hot water.
With other ingredients
You can also cook garlic with cabbage and carrots. The cooking technology is similar to the previous recipes.
How to save for the winter?
To keep the delicacy as long as possible, it is necessary to keep it in the dark and constantly maintain a cool temperature. This is best done in a cellar. Before spinning, the cans must be disinfected in hot water. (at least 5-10 minutes) so that there are no excess bacteria in them. Banks must be tightly screwed so that no air gets into them.
You can also store garlic at room temperature.
ATTENTION! Sometimes garlic stored at room temperature can change its color. This should not be feared, because such changes will not harm you. However, if you still want to avoid this, then try to use an exclusively young variety of garlic grown in your own country house, and not bought in a store.
Tinned garlic is one of the best snacks and is perfect for almost any meal. This delicacy has excellent taste and is best combined with meat and fish dishes. Quite often, they practice adding sauerkraut to various salads.
Garlic is great for preventing viral diseases, strengthening the immune system and the body as a whole, which is very important in cold seasons. However, a positive result from taking it with food can only be achieved if it is regularly consumed in small doses.
Watch a video recipe for pickling garlic for the winter: