Peking cabbage contains a large amount of vitamins, trace elements, fiber. This is a very necessary and useful product, it is used for a variety of nutrition schemes. That is why it is very popular. But not everyone and not always shown when there are some diseases (for example, gastrointestinal - gastritis, ulcer).
In China and Japan, Chinese cabbage (due to the presence of lysine, an amino acid that increases immunity and serves to purify the blood) is considered a factor in longevity. Used for gastritis (high and low acidity), peptic ulcers, headaches and diabetes mellitus, diseases of atherosclerosis and hypertension.
The composition of the vegetable and its effect on humans in case of irritation of the gastric mucosa
It is an indispensable product in the diet that supplies our body with minerals and vitamins with long-term use, has water and proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
The amount of vitamins is striking:
- A, C, E, K.
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B4 - choline, B5, B6).
- Niacin is a vitamin PP.
- Folic acid (B9).
Calorie content - 13 kcal per 100 g.
Considering that gastritis is an irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum 12, the use of fresh cabbage for this disease (due to the presence of citric acid) is undesirable. Cooking is one of the dietary intake of this vegetable.
Stewing, addition to various dishes, combined use with other vegetables are the main methods of a medical diet from Peking cabbage.
Attention! One of the talents of this cabbage is the ability to retain vitamins in itself for a long period (winter, spring), which puts it in first place among all other vegetables.
Read more about the benefits and dangers of Chinese cabbage for the body here.
Is it possible to eat with this disease?
It is not only possible, but also necessary. For any human disease, it is advisable to take foods rich in vitamins and microelements.... Especially in spring and winter. All the necessary elements are available in cabbage, which is preserved for a long period. Moreover, a systematic intake has a positive effect on the healing of inflammation.
A prerequisite is the preparation of a dietary dish from cabbage, using culinary processing and taking into account the type of gastritis (high or low acidity). The use of cabbage also depends on this.
Since ancient times, people have used freshly squeezed cabbage juices for inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract as a first aid for pain. Today, medicine also does not exclude the positive astringent effect of juice on the stomach. It also acts as a sorbent, relieving inflammation. This is a short-term aid for relieving gastritis symptoms (nausea, heartburn).
Use with different types of acidity
With increased acidity of gastritis, the use of fresh cabbage leaves and in any combination with other products is strictly prohibited. Fresh leaves contain citric acid, and with increased acidity of the stomach, there is always an excess of hydrochloric acid in it. Their combination leads to a stronger inflammatory process, heartburn and pain intensify.
With gastritis with low acidity, food is poorly digested, stagnates, and fermentation begins. Peking cabbage dishes come in very handy. The presence of citric acid in cabbage helps to speed up digestion.
Regular intake of Chinese cabbage dishes has a positive effect on healing, helps and complements the action of the main medicines in the treatment.
In what form is it allowed to eat?
Depending on the degree of the disease and the type of gastritis, the intake of cabbage and dietary dishes from it is different.
- Cooking is necessary, followed by mixing with various foods and vegetables (with increased acidity of the stomach).
- Adding fresh leaves to salads and other dishes (with low acidity).
- The use of freshly squeezed juice with low acidity as an "ambulance" with heartburn (briefly).
Recipes for dishes with reduced subacidity
- Cabbage leaves 200 g.
- One apple.
- Carrots 250 g.
- One handful of raisins.
- Olive oil (tablespoon).
- Wash cabbage leaves and chop finely.
- Wash the apple and carrots, grate.
- Dip the raisins in boiling water, hold until soft, lay out and dry.
- Mix everything cooked in a deep dish.
- Season with olive oil.
- Peking cabbage leaves.
- Chicken fillet 250 g (boiled).
- Boiled potatoes 2 pcs.
- Hard boiled eggs 2 pcs.
- The apple is average.
- The cucumber is fresh.
- Boiled carrots 1 pc.
- Green peas 1 jar.
- Low fat sour cream 3 tbsp. l.
- Cut the boiled sirloin into cubes.
- Cut the boiled potatoes and carrots into small cubes.
- We wash and finely chop the cabbage leaves.
- Finely chop the eggs. We clean the apple and cut into cubes.
- We lay green peas by mixing the ingredients.
- Sour cream to taste.
Recipes for dishes with increased subacidity
- Cabbage 350 g.
- Mushrooms (champignons) 300 g.
- Carrots 1 pc.
- Bow 1 pc.
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp l.
- Sunflower oil 5 tbsp. l.
- Salt 0.5 teaspoon.
- Butter 30 g.
- Nutmeg 10 gr.
Cooking a dish:
- We wash and chop the cabbage.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and onion, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fry chopped mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes.
- We grate the carrots, put them in the cabbage and simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, simmer for 1 min.
- We put fried mushrooms, mix.
- Put on a plate, sprinkle with nut crumbs.
Turkey brisket stuffed cabbage
- Turkey breast 600 gr.
- Rice 100 gr.
- Cabbage 250 gr.
- Sunflower oil (corn) 2 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste 70 g.
- Salt 1 tsp
- Greens (parsley, dill) 3 sprigs each.
- Black pepper to taste.
- We make minced brisket.
- Boil rice for 15 minutes, put it in a colander.
- Pour boiling water over cabbage leaves for 3 minutes.
- Mix rice with minced meat, salt, pepper and wrap the prepared minced meat in leaves, put stuffed cabbage tightly on a leaf.
- Pour the cabbage rolls with a mixture of low-fat sour cream and tomato paste and put in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. At a temperature of 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs before serving.
The danger of overusing a vegetable
With frequent use of cabbage, a large amount of fiber enters the stomach, which irritates the walls of the duodenum and stomach. This provokes:
- additional pain;
- possible vomiting.
- You can not eat cabbage with acetic, malic, citric and other acids. Spices, large amounts of salt, and other irritating products are harmful.
- It is not necessary for gastritis to mix cabbage with flour products (dumplings, all kinds of pies, etc.).
- Sauerkraut is incompatible with alcohol.
Important! The use of cabbage juice in large quantities for gastritis with low acidity, causes the formation of gas in the stomach. If constipation occurs, it must be taken with great care.
This annual plant can be successfully grown both as a first spring greenery and for autumn consumption. On our site you will find a lot of useful information about varieties of Peking cabbage, recipes for cooking vegetables, and also learn how to choose and store Peking cabbage, whether it can be given to animals and eaten with pancreatitis and breastfeeding.
Peking cabbage is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the human body.... It is useful for both healthy people and those with certain diseases. Application within reasonable limits helps the body to recover faster, increases the positive effect of the necessary drugs.