We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cauliflower is highly valued for its usefulness, unusual delicate taste and interesting, "curly" shape of inflorescences.
This vegetable is eaten both raw and cooked. In the first case, a maximum of vitamins and microelements necessary for the human body are preserved.
This cabbage is ideal for girls who keep an eye on their figure, as it contains many useful trace elements with a minimum calorie content.
Benefit and harm
Raw cauliflower can and should be consumed, since 100 g of the product accounts for only 30 kcal, and when added to meat dishes as a side dish, cabbage improves digestion and satiates the body faster. This vegetable crop is a storehouse of nutrients:
- rich in fiber;
- a sufficient amount of vegetable protein;
- daily intake of vitamin C;
- vitamins of various groups;
- micro and macro elements: iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, etc .;
- the product contains rare vitamin U, which is involved in various biochemical processes in the human body.
This product is indispensable for those who are losing weight: replacing garnishes with them a couple of times a week, you can not be afraid that extra pounds will appear. An additional plus from eating raw cauliflower is its detox effect - the elimination of unnecessary toxins naturally, due to the content of coarse dietary fiber.
Almost a full range of vitamins helps to increase immunity, folic acid supports the health of the female body.
Such saturation with various elements also has a downside: the use of raw cauliflower should be limited to people suffering from stomach ulcers, since the product promotes the secretion of gastric juice. You should also show moderation in the elderly and people with gout, due to the high purine content.
Criteria for choosing a vegetable crop for fresh consumption
To get the most out of the cauliflower composition, there are a few simple buying guidelines to follow:
- the leaves of the plant are strong and fresh;
- absence of blackheads, signs of rot, mold;
- the head of cabbage should be medium in size, heavy and firm.
At home, the vegetable can be stored in a vacuum container in the vegetable compartment or in the freezer. It is important to avoid moisture build-up as it forms mold.
How to cook?
Before directly eating or cooking, the cabbage must be divided into small inflorescences and rinsed thoroughly. You can get the most out of the combination of cabbage with bell peppers and herbs. Fans of fresh vegetables, especially in summer, will love a light salad of cauliflower, cheese, eggs and cucumbers (you can learn more about the recipes for cauliflower salads here).
- 380 g raw cauliflower;
- 2 fresh, medium-sized cucumbers;
- 4 eggs;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 2 tbsp sour cream 10-15%;
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill;
- salt and pepper.
- It is necessary to select a strong head of cabbage of good quality, break into inflorescences and rinse.
- Wash cucumbers and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the cheese into cubes or slices, you can grate.
- Peel boiled eggs, cut into small pieces.
- Mix the ingredients, season with sour cream, finely chopped washed dill, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
For fans of interesting combinations and experiments, raw cauliflower flavored with a spicy dressing will suit.
To prepare a light snack you will need:
- 400 g fresh cabbage;
- 100 g of walnuts;
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh parsley.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- 2 tbsp soy sauce;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp Sahara;
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences, wash and dry thoroughly, put in a deep bowl.
- In a saucepan on the stove, combine all the sauce ingredients and stir until smooth. Do not bring to a boil!
- Add finely chopped nuts and chopped washed greens to the hot marinade, mix.
- Combine the cabbage inflorescences with the marinade and mix gently.
- Let the appetizer brew.
An unusual, healthy and tasty dish is ready. Cauliflower goes well with many different vegetables, poultry, cheeses, herbs, etc.... Dishes made from it are fresh, crispy and extremely vitamin-rich.
Moderate consumption of the product contributes to: improving the body, improving digestion, increasing immunity and reducing the risk of various diseases.
Cauliflower is eaten raw and cooked and can be combined in a variety of flavors. Diversifying your diet with her, adhering to the above recommendations, will be useful for the whole family.