Cauliflower soup with cheese is tender and tasty. Even if you are not a fan of vegetables or first courses.
It can be cooked in winter using frozen cauliflower, but fresh it tastes especially good!
Cauliflower and cheese puree soup is not time-consuming, so it can be a good option when you need to make a quick meal.
No one will remain indifferent, because it is healthy, easy to prepare and perfect as a dinner for the whole family.
The benefits and harms of a vegetable
"Curly" vegetable is incredibly useful - as it retains many useful properties during cooking... It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, PP, minerals - potassium, calcium, cobalt, chlorine, sodium, zinc, magnesium, iron and amino acids - apple, lemon, tartronic.
Biotin, also known as vitamin H, which is part of the composition, helps the skin and hair to remain beautiful, and also relieves depression, strengthens the nervous system.
Frequent consumption of cauliflower is recommended for people suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as:
- digestive problems.
With its frequent use, the walls of blood vessels are strengthened, and excess cholesterol is removed... This useful product is indicated for patients with diabetes mellitus and even prevents malignant cell growth in the body.
Due to its low calorie content, the product is widely used in balanced nutrition for maintaining weight or losing weight. There are only 28 kcal per 100 grams, of which:
- proteins - 1.6 g;
- fats - 0.5 g;
- carbohydrates - 4.9 gr.
The representative of this vegetable crop is excellent at burning fat., due to its high fiber content, and suppresses hunger for a long time. However, there are also contraindications to use. People suffering from gout, gastritis with high acidity and with acute intestinal diseases should refrain from using it.
Now, let's look at a step-by-step recipe for making a delicious soup.
We will need:
- A head of cauliflower.
- 1 onion.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 3 potatoes. It should be noted here that the more cabbage, the less other vegetables you will need. If the weight of a head of cabbage is 500 grams - put 3 potatoes, if 800 grams - two will be enough.
- 50-100 grams of grated cheese.
- salt, pepper, spices to taste.
- First, prepare all the ingredients.
- rinse the cabbage well;
- separate inflorescences from rough legs and leaves;
- cut if they are large;
- the rest of the vegetables - peel, wash under running water and cut;
- chop the onion in half rings;
- carrots and potatoes - cut into cubes;
- grate cheese.
- Place the inflorescences in a saucepan with salted boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes. If you plan to purée the dish after cooking, cook it longer, if you leave the pieces as they are, take no more than 10 minutes for this.
- After checking for readiness - the fork should easily pierce the inflorescences - fold it in a colander.
- Put a saucepan with a thick bottom on the fire and pour in a little sunflower oil or melt a small piece of butter - this will make the taste softer.
- Send the onion for frying, and when it becomes transparent, add the carrot and potato cubes. Simmer vegetables for about 5 minutes - during this time, the carrots will juice.
- Then pour in 1.5 liters of water. To make the food really healthy, it is better to use filtered or pre-separated water for cooking. Further, when the boiling process begins, cover with a lid, reduce the heat a little and cook until fully cooked. It will take no more than half an hour.
- Put the inflorescences in the resulting broth.
- Add grated cheese.
- Salt, pepper, you can add your favorite soup seasonings with Provencal herbs, suneli hops, dried basil, freshly squeezed garlic are well suited.
- Let it boil and cook for a couple of minutes. The dish is ready!
For a safer meal, try cooking with chicken.
To do this, you need 300-400 grams of poultry meat. Breasts, drumsticks and thighs can be used... With breast, the dish is more dietary, but it tastes a little dry, unlike the legs.
- Rinse the meat, place in a saucepan.
- Add a whole onion and cook for at least an hour.
The flavor will be richer if the chicken is not cut before boiling.
Do not forget to periodically remove the foam so that the soup turns out to be transparent golden.
- After an hour - remove the onion, cut the bird into pieces, remove the bones (if you chose the legs) and start adding the rest of the ingredients in the order described above.
You can learn more about how to prepare the first course of cauliflower with chicken here.
Cream cheese soup
A delicious creamy cream soup is obtained after adding cream, with a fat content of at least 10%. Usually, cooked ingredients are ground with a blender for uniformity.... At the last stage, when all the products are already laid out, pour in 100 ml of warm cream and cook for 5 minutes.
Creamy soups are best cooked at one time and should not be refrigerated for more than 24 hours. However, they are so tasty that they do not stagnate for a long time.
With cream cheese or Roquefort
A good combination to the "first" would be:
- Processed cheese... It is sold in sachets and individually. For 1.5 - 2 liters of broth, 6 squares will go. Put them on a little earlier and make sure they completely dissolve.
- Roquefort... It is often referred to as blue. Add along with cauliflower, as it takes a little longer to melt than a regular grated one. The saucepan will take about 150-200 grams of chopped pieces.
You can learn more about how to make the most delicate cream soups with cream here, and several recipes for light and hearty puree soups can be found here.
Another great option for a healthy lunch. Soup with mushrooms and cauliflower takes a worthy position in the field of first courses... Its rich taste and available ingredients make it even more attractive among the other first courses, and the delicate taste of the creamy soup will not leave anyone indifferent.
You will need 200 g of champignons - this is 5-6 pieces. They must be washed well, cut lengthwise and cooked at the very beginning - along with the onions. Mushrooms are a source of protein and replace meat in its quantity, which makes food more nutritious.
Serving the dish
Serve in a deep plate with a spoonful of sour cream (if no cream was used during cooking). For decoration, you can chop fresh herbs - green onions, dill, parsley. If you are making a puree soup, then do not grind a few inflorescences, using for contrast.
Also, pieces of mushrooms and blue cheese are suitable, in the case of a Roquefort recipe. A classic option is to decorate with croutons. The soup can be served with toast, croutons or garlic (toasted bread with garlic).
If you have never tried such a "first" - then it's time to fix it, especially since almost all products are always in the refrigerator. Cheese soup will perfectly diversify your family meals and will please all family members... Choose the option you like or try everything in turn.