Cauliflower contains vitamin C, vitamin A, B vitamins and vitamin PP. Of the trace minerals, cauliflower contains calcium that is good for bones.
This recipe is made for you. Cauliflower contains a huge amount of vitamins that the human body needs so much. But in order to enjoy this zesty taste, cabbage needs to be cooked properly. We offer to bake a cake that will decorate any event, be it a holiday or gatherings with family.
Chicken and Mushroom Jellied Baking Recipe
Cauliflower is a vegetable with delicious-tasting juicy inflorescences, from which you can prepare many tasty and, most importantly, healthy dishes.
The beauty of such jellied pies is that you don't need to knead the dough for them, then wait until the dough ripens. There can be any filling for the jellied pie, I suggest trying the cauliflower pie. This cake is perfect for breakfast or lunch.
Nutritional value of the dish per 100 grams:
- Calories: 192.7 kcal.
- Protein: 6.5 gr.
- Fat: 12.5 gr.
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 gr.
- 200 g of cauliflower;
- 200 g of chicken fillet (you must first boil it);
- 150 g champignons;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 200 g flour;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of cream;
- 130 g of cheese;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of sour cream;
- 70 g butter;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of boiled water;
- salt and other spices to taste.
- Sift flour, mix with butter, egg and water. Season with salt to taste. Then knead the dough, roll into a ball, wrap in foil and refrigerate for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Fry the onions until golden brown, add the mushrooms, cut into strips and cook for another 5 minutes. Disassemble the chicken into fibers and mix with the prepared mass. Next, the filling should be cooled.
- Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences and boil until half cooked.
- Place the dough in a baking dish and cover with the filling. To pour, combine sour cream, eggs and cream. Then add cheese and spices to taste. Mix everything and pour over the cake.
- Bake the dish at 180 degrees for 45 minutes. The cake is ready.
Cauliflower in combination with vegetables acquires a very delicate taste and pleasant aroma.
Enjoy your meal!
There are other dishes with cauliflower with chicken and mushrooms. You can learn more about recipes for cooking cauliflower with chicken here, and more details about cauliflower dishes with mushrooms can be found in this material.
Which dough to choose?
You can choose completely different dough for the cake.... For example, puff. It can be found on the shelves in regular supermarkets.
For a pie, you just need to defrost it, roll it into an arbitrary shape and lay out the filling of mushrooms, onions, chicken and cauliflower.
The second option is a little more interesting than the first - you can make a wicker cake from puff pastry. Defrost the puff pastry and roll it out into a rectangle.
- Distribute the filling strictly in the middle, leaving free space at the top and bottom - 4-5 cm.
- Left and right a little more - 10 cm.
- Cut the sides of the dough diagonally into strips measuring 1 - 2 cm.
- We braid a pigtail - put strips of dough alternately on the filling, alternating right and left.
It will take a little longer to shape the cake into a specific shape. But, believe me, your guests will certainly appreciate this dish!
This option is not significantly different from the previous two, but it has its own secrets.
To make yeast dough, we need:
- 40 g of pressed yeast;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of granulated sugar;
- 200 ml. cucumber pickle;
- 3 cups flour;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Mash yeast with granulated sugar until liquid.
- Heat the brine and pour it into the yeast mixture.
- Add flour to the yeast mass and knead the dough.
- Then add vegetable oil and continue kneading, transfer the dough into a mold and spread over the surface.
- Lay out the prepared filling and you can bake it!
How to serve?
It is best to serve cauliflower pie right after cooking, before it has lost its zesty taste and tempting aroma.
Juice or cranberry juice, something fresh and sweet, is the best choice for drinks!
Cauliflower is a very valuable product, a storehouse of vitamins and minerals... And such a dish as cauliflower pie will not take much time and will be an excellent, and even the most delicious table decoration!