If you cook Peking cabbage according to various recipes, then it turns out to be very tasty and tender, despite the fact that cooks add pepper to it. Below are the best recipes for how to salt a Chinese vegetable quickly and easily.
In the article you will find recipes for salting hot Peking cabbage with garlic and pepper, with vegetables, with spices, vinegar and even with a pear. Try it and choose the best one for yourself! And you will also learn the secrets of how to preserve this dish for a long time and with what you can use it.
Attention! When choosing Chinese cabbage, inspect the leaves, they should not be too green or white, try to find a middle ground. When salting cabbage, do not use sluggish leaves for cooking.
Before salting the forks, it is placed in salty cold water, from this the leaves will become crispy, and various insects that may be between the layers of leaves are destroyed. Then the coarse stump is cut off. In the end, the vegetable is washed well under running water (how to wash and peel Chinese cabbage before cooking?).
Step by step instructions for cooking
- 1 head of Peking cabbage;
- 2 pieces of red hot pepper;
- 1 piece of red bell pepper;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp ground coriander;
- some red ground pepper;
- 1 tsp salt.
The salting sequence is as follows:
- The head of cabbage is cut into 4 parts, if the vegetable is small, then you can cut it into 2 parts.
- Now the brine is being prepared, salt is mixed - 80 g, water - 1 liter. The water is preheated and salt is added there. After the brine has cooled, cabbage is poured into it. After that, oppression is established on top of the cabbage, for example, a large can of water, and all this is left for a couple of days.
It is worth remembering that the cabbage must be completely in the brine.
- After 2 days, you need to get the cabbage, squeeze it lightly and cut into quarters into ribbons.
- The cloves of garlic and peppers (hot and bulgarian) are chopped together. Coriander is also added there.
- Now all this mass is mixed with chopped cabbage.
- After that, oppression is established again, the cabbage is placed in a warm place for 2-3 days for fermentation.
- Stir the cabbage 1-2 times a day.
- On the third day, cabbage can be transferred to jars, sealed with sealed lids and sent to the refrigerator.
The number of products can be the same.
- Wet cabbage leaves are rubbed generously with salt.
- After that, everything is placed in a wooden barrel or enamel pan.
- The brine is also prepared: 50 g of salt is dissolved in warm water (1 liter). The liquid is brought to a boil and cooled.
- The vegetable is poured with brine and, if the leaves float, a plate is placed on top.
- For 2 days it all stands in a warm place.
- The second stage of salting is to prepare a spicy mixture.
- To do this, based on 2 kg of cabbage, take a head of garlic and 1 chili pepper.
- Grind these ingredients together.
- As spices, you can add chopped ginger and ground pepper to the mixture. A tablespoon of vegetable oil is also added there.
- After that, the cabbage is washed in running water.
- Chop the cabbage coarsely or tear it into small pieces with your hands.
- Now the spicy mixture and Chinese cabbage are mixed and placed in a glass or plastic container.
- Close it well with a lid and keep the cabbage warm for another day. The finished dish is placed in the cold, where it is stored for a long time.
Video recipe for salting spicy Chinese cabbage:
For the winter, cabbage is pickled as follows.
Prepare the ingredients:
- Medium cabbage forks.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- 5 tbsp. l. Sahara.
- 80-100 ml. 9% vinegar.
- 1 chili pepper
- Cabbage is cut into strips, chili peppers are cut into small cubes.
- Combine the cabbage, pepper and salt in a deep cup.
- While the bowl is cooling in the refrigerator, prepare the brine. Mix vinegar with sugar and put on gas until boiling. After that, the liquid is poured into the harvested cabbage, everything is well mixed and laid out in a pre-pasteurized jar.
- Then the mixture must be lightly tamped. The juice separated from the cabbage is poured into the same jar.
- After covering the jar with a lid, it is immersed in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- After that, the container is twisted with an airtight lid and sent under the blanket.
When the workpiece has cooled, it can be removed to the cellar or other place to store the marinades.
View more step-by-step pickled Chinese cabbage recipes here.
- In this recipe, carrots (500 g) are additionally added. It is grated for Korean carrots.
- Mix carrots with finely chopped garlic (2 heads) and cabbage cut into small pieces - 2 kg (how to cut Chinese cabbage correctly?).
- The brine is prepared on the basis of water (1 l), vinegar (1 tablespoon), salt (3 tablespoons), vegetable oil (200 ml), sugar (200 g), pepper (1/2 tsp. ) and bay leaves (3 pcs.). This whole mixture is brought to a boil.
- Further swirling is carried out in the usual way.
- 1 kg of cabbage;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- salt (40 g);
- 300 g bell pepper;
- 4 chili peppers
- garlic (1 clove);
- 10 ml soy sauce;
- a little coriander;
- some ginger;
- some salt;
- a pinch of black pepper.
Cabbage is prepared according to the established scheme, only all of the above spices are added to the garlic-pepper mass.
Salting with vinegar is made for the winter:
- Pour 1.2 liters of water into a saucepan, 1 tbsp is added there. salt and 100 g of sugar.
- After boiling, 0.1 l of apple cider vinegar is added to the water. After 15 minutes, the brine is removed from the heat.
- The cabbage is cut into large pieces.
- Cut a pound of bell pepper into strips.
- A pound of onions is cut into rings.
- 1 hot pepper is chopped with a knife.
- Now you can mix everything well and put it in jars.
- Hot brine is poured from top to brim.
- The cans are rolled up and stored in a separate place.
Pears must be chosen from hard varieties, green. This will prevent them from softening and falling apart in the brine. The following foods should be prepared:
- A head of Chinese cabbage.
- 2 small pears.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 5 green onion feathers.
- Ginger root - 2.5-3 cm.
- A little ground red pepper.
- 4 tablespoons coarse salt.
- 200 ml of water.
Then you can start salting:
- Vegetables are chopped, but not too small.
- The pears are peeled and cut into thin pieces.
- Now pears and vegetables are all ground with salt.
- After that, water is poured on top and everything is left for one night.
- Then the water is drained, and finely chopped ginger, garlic and green onions are added to the vegetables.
- After that, the brine is prepared according to the standard scheme and hot poured into the cabbage. Leave the container warm for 3 days.
- After three days, you can roll up the jars and put them in a cool or cool place.
How to save?
To prevent Chinese cabbage from spoiling during long-term storage, keep the jars in a cool place. This could be a refrigerator or a cellar.
Housewives often try to find new flavors in conventional products. And with Chinese cabbage, this is as easy as possible. Our experts have prepared a series of articles from which you will learn about whether you can use a vegetable instead of lavash for rolls, as well as how to prepare salads, appetizers, first and second courses, pie, cabbage rolls, stew, fry and stuff.
What can you use with?
Salted Chinese cabbage can be served as a salad with dishes, for this it is seasoned with vegetable oil and onions cut into rings.
Some housewives add salted cabbage to soups, they turn out to be a little spicy. Peking salted cabbage with boiled rice is good, as it is customary for the Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
This vegetable is combined with many additives - vegetables, fruits, spices. If you add a little imagination and knowledge, you get an incomparable and original dish, which in its taste is not inferior to the standard recipe with Chinese cabbage.