Garlic contains many useful vitamins and acids, but not everyone knows that this product can be used to make a wonderful hair mask. Moreover, there are many recipe options, and you can safely choose the one that will help you.
In our article, we will consider the benefits and harms of garlic for hair, share the recipes for the best masks. You will find out what other useful ingredients this vegetable is combined with, and what to do so that after such masks there is no unpleasant pungent smell. You can also watch a useful video on this topic.
For hair, garlic is useful because it contains a number of vitamins and minerals, essential oil, and phytoncides that kill harmful microorganisms that cause hair loss. Masks containing garlic strengthen and accelerate hair growth, with the help of these procedures, you can say goodbye to dandruff, achieve lightness and silkiness, as well as improve the work of the sebaceous glands.
Attention: Garlic helps revitalize hair follicles and also gives hair a darker tint. It is important to consider this property for those with light hair color.
Indications and contraindications
Garlic masks should be started against hair loss, loss of shine, brittlenessand also when a common problem like dandruff appears. Contraindications to the use of such cosmetic procedures are allergies to one of the components from which the product is made, as well as wounds on the head. This can cause discomfort and serious harm.
It is important to check in advance if the product will cause allergies. To do this, you need to apply it to the bend of the elbow. If a day has passed and the skin has not turned red, then you can safely apply the remedy to the head.
Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare a mask at home
For many masks, regardless of their properties, you need garlic oil.... Making it difficult will not cause anyone. It is enough just a few cloves of garlic, pre-chopped, pour olive or linseed oil (1 glass), you can also sunflower oil. Grind in a blender and let it brew for five days away from light.
This oil stimulates hair follicles, increases blood flow, from which the effect will be even stronger. You can use this oil simply or with additional ingredients.
With sour cream
- head of garlic;
- a teaspoon of sour cream;
- 5 ml castor oil;
- 5 ml of honey.
- Disassemble and peel the garlic, grate on a fine grater.
- Mix two teaspoons of this mass with sour cream.
- Add the remaining components.
- Mix well and apply to the scalp, leave for 30 minutes.
- After the specified time, wash everything off.
The procedure must be done once every seven days. Helps heal dandruff and also reduce hair loss.
With laminar powder
- 4 cloves;
- 15 gr. salt;
- 5 gr. laminar powder.
- Chop the garlic and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Wash your hair with shampoo, and then apply the remedy, rubbing diligently for five minutes.
- Wash off.
It is recommended to do it once a week.
From falling out
- 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp burdock oil;
- 5 ml of honey;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 tsp lemon;
- hair balm;
- Mix all ingredients.
- It is applied for 30-35 minutes to the hair roots and along their entire length, and at the end is washed off.
For one month, once a week, you need to do this procedure. It will improve dry and brittle hair and prevent further hair loss.
We recommend watching a video about a mask against hair loss with honey and garlic:
And also the use of masks is effective. The mask, which contains onion and garlic, egg and aloe, allows you to achieve a good result, and additional ingredients will only improve the properties of the mask.
- half of the onion;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- 1 tablespoon of aloe juice
- 2 egg yolks;
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- Turn a little onion and garlic into a homogeneous mass.
- Add two egg yolks, one teaspoon of aloe juice and one spoonful of honey to it.
- Mix all ingredients well and apply to hair for 30 minutes.
- Can be done no more than twice a week for one month.
- Then a break is made for ten days, and the full course of treatment is repeated again.
Usually, the result after such miracle remedies is noticeable after one course, but it is worth doing several courses of treatment.
- garlic 1 clove;
- kefir 3 tbsp
- Squeeze the garlic with a garlic press and mix with kefir.
- Apply to clean hair, and you can hold it for thirty minutes to three hours, then rinse.
The procedure is recommended to be done once a week for 30 days. Be sure to give your hair a rest, and then you can repeat the treatment.
- chopped garlic 1 tsp;
- egg yolk 2 pcs.;
- strongly brewed tea 2 tbsp
Application: Mix all ingredients and rub into scalp.
The course of treatment is once a week for a month. Break and repeat the course again. The result will not be long in coming and will be noticeable after the first course of treatment.
From dryness and brittleness
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp honey.
- Chop the garlic and mix with the other required ingredients.
- The product is applied to the roots and the entire length of the hair, and then the head must be wrapped in a towel.
- After 30-40 minutes, wash off the mask with shampoo.
It should be done once a week, and it will restore smoothness and health to the hair.
With lime juice
- garlic 1 head;
- honey 2 tablespoons;
- lime juice 1 tsp
- Chop the garlic and mix with honey and lime juice.
- Apply to hair roots and entire length.
- Soak for 1 hour and wash off with shampoo.
The product increases blood circulation, which promotes hair growth. You can do it twice a week for a month. Rest your hair before continuing with the treatment.
With burdock oil
- 3 tbsp garlic oil;
- 3 tbsp burdock oil.
- Mix the ingredients and apply to the scalp for two hours.
- Then wash off with shampoo.
Hair growth is improved after long-term use. It is recommended to do it twice a week.
From fat content
- 1 tsp garlic juice;
- 1 tbsp. squeezed lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. dry blue clay.
- Combine everything and, if necessary, add water to make it like sour cream.
- It is smeared on the scalp for half an hour, and then washed off with shampoo.
You need to do it once a week for just 30 days, then take a break, and repeat the course again. The product restores the work of the sebaceous glands, nourishes the hair and gives it shine.
With a decoction of oak bark
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. decoction of oak bark;
- 1/3 tbsp. decoction of burdock root.
- A tablespoon of oak bark is poured into a glass of water and boiled for 10 minutes.
- Wash the burdock root, cut and add water (half a glass).
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool the broths, strain and mix, and then add the main ingredient.
- Rub into scalp, put on a plastic bag or shower cap and leave for half an hour.
Weakens the work of the sebaceous glands. It should be done after shampooing 2 times a week for several months.
With liquid honey
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 15 ml lime juice;
- 15 ml of liquid honey.
- Chop the garlic and combine with honey and lime.
- Apply the finished mask to the hair roots, put on a shower cap, and wrap it with a towel for 40 minutes.
- Wash off with water and shampoo.
Lime will keep your hair fresh and the garlic will stop shedding. Repeat once a week, after a break, continue again.
With linseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons fresh curry leaves
- half a glass of coconut oil;
- half a glass of linseed.
- Combine all the ingredients in one container, and cook over low heat until a darkish precipitate appears.
- Cool and apply to hair.
You can use this mask no more than twice a week. The mask will refresh the hair and help it acquire shine and shine.
Important: Remember that if during the use of garlic cosmetic and medicinal procedures you feel unpleasant sensations or the scalp itches badly, you need to immediately wash off the mask and stop using it.
How to get rid of the smell after using the mask?
To get rid of the unpleasant odor after all these cosmetic procedures with garlic, you can use a rinse.... You can also cook it yourself, as it's as easy as shelling pears.
To prepare one of them, you need to take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and dilute in a liter of warm boiled water. It can be prepared from mustard powder (1 tablespoon), which is diluted in one liter of warm boiled water.
A pleasant aroma will give your hair a rinse made of lemon or orange (2 tablespoons of juice) diluted in a liter of warm boiled water. All of these rinses are used immediately after treatment with these mixtures.
When can you reapply?
The course of treatment is different for each remedy, usually once a week.... After that, you must definitely take a break of 10-14 days, and only then you can repeat the cosmetic and medical procedures.
Does scalp irritation occur?
Some of the ingredients in the formulation can cause allergies or scalp irritation. To avoid side effects, you first need to test the mixture for allergies. Apply it, leave it for a day, and after looking at the result, make a mask.
Garlic is a fairly versatile remedy. We suggest reading how to use it against pressure, against parasites, for cleaning blood vessels, for coughs, for colds, for the ear, for prostatitis, for toothache, for immunity, for the nose.
Garlic hair products are highly effective, and everyone can afford them, since they are all inexpensive and easy to prepare. And the properties of such masks are excellent and varied. The main thing is that there are no injuries on the head and allergies to ingredients.