Such a remedy from folk healing recipes, like kefir with garlic, has long been used by people to treat disorders of the intestinal bacterial sphere.
This simple dairy product with the addition of garlic juice and pulp is also useful for those who want to lose weight, as well as for cleansing the human body of various toxins.
Further in the article, we will talk about the benefits and harms of such a product, as well as provide step-by-step instructions for making a miraculous drink with garlic.
Who first came up with the idea to mix garlic and kefir? Knowledgeable people say that the recipe for this simple potion came from Bulgaria... In this country, by tradition, spicy seasoning is added to fermented milk products.
The addition of garlic seasoning to kefir and sour cream has also been reflected in a variety of dressings and sauces in Mediterranean cooking.
Benefit and harm
The benefits of a product such as kefir with garlic are as follows:
- This fermented milk product has a lot of useful properties for normalizing metabolism, and therefore it is purposefully used by those who want to lose weight, as well as people who follow sports diets.
- Kefir with garlic is perfect as an additional dish on fasting days, as it is quite a satiating product. However, it does not overload the stomach due to the small amount of fat and calories - the addition of garlic juice to kefir stimulates the production of gastric juice, which increases appetite.
- To cure dysbiosis or to expel various parasites from the intestines, the use of the remedy considered in this article at night gives a special effect.
Harmful sides of kefir with garlic:
- The fruit of the garlic plant is a strong irritant to the mucous membrane of the digestive tract.
- Fermented milk products with garlic are a strong enough diuretic product that can bring discomfort to the recipient.
- It is important not to do fasting days on a garlic-kefir diet, since this product, without taking the main food, can lead to troubles such as constipation, gastritis and even an ulcer.
Who is it recommended to use?
- This dairy product is recommended for people suffering from dysbiosis of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Also, this healing agent is recommended for people suffering from the presence of parasites in the gastrointestinal tract - this product will cleanse the intestines of products of the activity of helminths, remove eggs and larvae of worms.
- This drink is also recommended for everyone who wants to lose weight, as well as eliminate constipation.
There are contraindications. Kefir with garlic should not be consumed by people suffering from diseases such as:
- heart disease, in particular myocardial infarction;
- exacerbation of stomach ulcers;
- exacerbation of pancreatitis;
- kidney disease;
- liver disease;
- epileptic diseases;
Important! It is also not recommended to use garlic kefir for pregnant women, since this remedy can lead to hypertonicity of the uterus.
As we can see, even such a harmless folk remedy should be used with caution so as not to harm your body.
Step-by-step cooking instructions
You will need:
- kefir - 1 liter;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves.
- The garlic should be chopped; a garlic press is best suited for this procedure - its use contributes to the additional release of juice from the garlic. Then the resulting garlic gruel is mixed with kefir and placed in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- The second option for preparing the desired drink is that the garlic cloves should be whipped with kefir in a blender. In this case, the drink will be ready to drink immediately after the whipping procedure.
If you want to use this product for weight loss, you should use kefir with garlic before the main meal, at least half an hour. The recommended normalization is three times a day.
To combat parasites in the intestines, as well as to cleanse the body, it is recommended to use the agent at night., also in this case, it is recommended to increase the number of garlic cloves in the kefir composition to five pieces. You can read more about how garlic is used against parasites here.
To cure dysbiosis, it is also recommended to take garlic kefir at night, in this case you need to follow the recipe according to the scheme "a liter of kefir - 1-2 cloves of garlic".
Further, an informative video about the use of garlic with kefir against parasites:
Variety of recipes
You can add your own variety to the standard recipe presented in the article by adding a little greens to the main ingredients, you can also use spices (ground pepper - will give the taste a special piquancy).
Do not forget that after eating kefir with garlic, appetite may increase (garlic is a natural "incitement" of the desire to eat). In this case, half an hour after drinking the drink, you should eat food that contains a sufficient amount of fiber - for example, oatmeal or buckwheat porridge, or stewed vegetables.
If you follow a vegetable / fruit diet, you should eat a salad made from raw vegetables or fresh fruit.