A solution of garlic with iodine is also popularly called magic iodine, and for good reason. This simple, affordable and highly effective formulation helps to quickly cope with various types of pain. In addition, this remedy is practically harmless to the body and it is quick and easy to prepare it at home.
With age, human joints begin to weaken, inflammatory processes occur. Various procedures and folk methods help to eliminate these problems, for example, tincture of garlic with iodine. Despite the fact that the technique has few reviews today, it continues to gain popularity. How to make a tincture and does it work?
The benefits and harms of the miraculous composition
Among folk remedies, iodine is valued for its restorative and regenerating effect with the elimination of edematous symptoms.
The iodine net is used as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent for the treatment of many joint diseases - arthrosis, arthritis, gout and polyarthritis.
This the product causes local skin irritation, which helps to eliminate pain syndrome... When it penetrates through the skin into the blood vessels, iodine spreads throughout the body, exerting a bactericidal effect on the capillaries. Alcohol tincture of iodine on alcohol dilates blood vessels and reduces congestion in inflamed joints.
In the composition of garlic, there is a large amount of the substance allicin, which is a natural natural antibiotic that destroys harmful bacteria and removes various inflammatory reactions in the body.
The vegetable also contains the antioxidants vitamin E and ascorbic acid, which prevent the destruction of cartilage tissue. In addition, garlic is rich in B vitamins, copper, selenium and calcium - all of which are involved in the synthesis of joint tissue, preventing its destruction.
The benefits of garlic iodine tincture:
- Relieves joint pain.
- Relieves arthritis pain in any joints.
- Effective for attacks of sciatica.
- Helps with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- Can relieve intercostal neuralgia.
- Heals cuts, wounds and bruises.
- Helps the resorption of hematomas.
- Relieves itching and irritation from insect bites.
- Fights nail fungus.
- Relieves muscle pain during heavy physical exertion.
- Helps with toe bone formation
- Useful for varicose veins.
What could be harmful:
- An excess of iodine in the body can adversely affect the functioning of the endocrine system.
- If the tincture is applied not with a mesh, but with a continuous spot, this can lead to severe irritation and even burns to the skin.
Contraindications for use
It is categorically contraindicated to apply iodine and garlic when:
- the presence of a malfunction of the thyroid gland;
- in case of an allergic reaction to the components of the tincture;
- do not use the elixir for very sensitive skin;
- can not be used at elevated body temperature, since iodine and garlic dilate blood vessels;
- it is worth abstaining during pregnancy.
Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the product
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 30 ml of iodine alcohol tincture.
- Peel the garlic and chop very finely (the fractions should be no more than sesame grains).
- Place the chopped garlic in a dark glass bottle and pour over the iodine tincture.
- Close the vessel tightly and leave for 2 weeks at room temperature in a dark place.
- You need to store the finished tincture in the refrigerator.
We suggest watching a video on how to make a tincture of iodine and garlic:
Course and treatment rules
The remedy can only be applied externally, in no case should it be drunk! Apply the tincture to the inflamed areas in the form of a mesh no more than 2-3 times a day.
Before applying the iodine mesh, the skin area should be washed with soap and water and wiped thoroughly. So that the palms and fingers do not darken from the use of the product - use medical gloves to protect your hands.
From what and how is it applied?
- In case of pain in inflamed joints, a mesh of iodine with garlic is applied to the problem area with the help of a cotton swab 2-3 times a day. Also, with the recommendation of the attending physician, the sore joint can be additionally wrapped with a woolen scarf.
- Garlic iodine tincture works well with bruises, sprains, bruises, bruises and wounds. It is also applied to the problem area with a fine mesh. The swelling should go away in just a couple of days, and the pain goes away after the first or second application. But this remedy is still not recommended for use with injuries on the face.
- Garlic Iodine Mesh is also useful as a preventive measure for bruising in gluteal muscle injections.
- This remedy, according to many people, is an excellent helper and addition to the complex therapy of nail fungus. To treat this unpleasant disease, the affected nail and the area around it are lubricated with tincture 2 times a day.
A previously diseased nail plate must be steamed in a warm soda bath.
The course of treatment will be from 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the stage of the disease.
- From a cough with a cold, for which an iodine-garlic mesh is applied to the chest in the morning and evening before bedtime.
This will help warm up the bronchi and remove phlegm from them.
- If a bone begins to form on the leg under the big toe, a mesh from this medicinal solution will help remove inflammation in this area, relieve stress and fatigue.
We offer you to watch a video on the use of tincture of iodine and garlic in the fight against various diseases:
Possible side effects
Tincture of iodine on garlic is a strong enough remedy. and before using it, you must consult a doctor and obtain his permission. Especially if you have chronic diseases. Otherwise, treatment with this tincture can cause different side effects:
- severe rash;
- flushing of the skin;
- general deterioration in well-being.
Also, before starting treatment with iodine with garlic, you need to check your reaction to these components using an allergy test. To do this, apply a couple of thin lines of the product on the bend of the elbow and wait 15 minutes.
If the skin does not appear severe redness and irritation, then you can use this tincture. Otherwise, it is better to refuse the remedy!
Garlic infusions, tinctures and decoctions have healing properties, and depending on the components, the degree of their effect on the body also changes. Read on to learn how to make and use remedies made from garlic infused with water, red wine, vodka, and alcohol, and combined with lemon, honey, ginger, milk, and vegetable oil.
It is very easy and simple to prepare iodine-garlic tincture at home., because these ingredients are almost always at hand and cost mere pennies. This excellent remedy can be stored in the refrigerator for several months. And the benefits of using it are enormous!