Garlic has many preventive and medicinal properties. The beneficial effect of garlic can be enhanced by preparing a medicinal tincture based on alcohol or vodka, with the addition of vinegar, lemon, honey and pepper.
Traditional medicine offers a whole range of pharmaceuticals, the use of which will help cleanse the walls of blood vessels from accumulations of cholesterol, but drugs have a number of side effects and therefore it is better to clean blood vessels with safer, natural means.
One of these proven folk natural remedies is garlic vodka tincture.
What does it help from?
Garlic owes its powerful healing properties to the organic compound allicin.... It has antibacterial, antithrombotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Due to the high content of selenium and natural antioxidants, garlic protects the cells of the human body from the harmful effects of free radicals and various toxins.
In general, garlic tincture provides such benefits.:
- Protects the body from pathogenic microflora, viruses and fungi. Allicin is a natural antibiotic, the effect of its use is similar to that of penicillin.
- Reduces cholesterol levels. The active substances of garlic stimulate the work of the gallbladder and pancreas, which helps to reduce the content of “bad” cholesterol in the blood and prevents the formation of vascular plaques.
- Prevents the formation of blood clots. Sulfur-containing chemical compounds dissolve blood clots and blood clots, normalize blood clotting processes and prevent further thrombus formation.
- Improves blood flow. Plant components reduce the ability of platelets to clump and form conglomerates.
Garlic normalizes the functioning of the nervous system, prevents nervous disorders and depression... It restores liver function and strengthens the heart muscle, helps fight intestinal parasites and rejuvenates the body at the cellular level.
A sprig of parsley, mint leaves, cardamom or cinnamon seeds can help freshen your breath after eating garlic.
The harm that garlic tincture can cause:
- the presence of alcohol in the composition can negatively affect the health of pregnant and lactating women, children and patients suffering from alcohol dependence;
- garlic irritates the gastrointestinal tract, can exacerbate chronic inflammatory processes and ulcers;
- due to the stimulating effect on the nervous system, it worsens the state of health in patients with epilepsy;
- the choleretic effect of the tincture can lead to movement of stones in the gallbladder and cause hepatic colic.
We offer you to watch a video about the benefits of garlic tincture with alcohol:
Contraindications for use
The possible negative effect of the components of the tincture does not allow it to be recommended to the following categories of persons:
- pregnant women and women during lactation;
- patients under the age of 18;
- patients diagnosed with epilepsy;
- patients suffering from diseases of the urinary and gallbladder in acute and chronic forms;
- patients with exacerbation of hemorrhoids;
- patients suffering from diseases of the stomach and intestines.
The tincture is used not only orally, but also externally - it is used to lubricate the skin with head lice, bacterial and fungal infections of the epidermis.
The best recipes
A medicine based on garlic infused with vodka is good because the ingredients for its preparation are always at hand, and the recipes for how to prepare and take it are so simple that anyone can handle them.
The classic vodka recipe includes these ingredients:
- 150 g of peeled garlic cloves;
- 150 ml of good vodka.
How to insist:
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- Prepare a small glass container, wash.
- Place the garlic in a container.
- Pour with vodka, mix the components thoroughly and close the vessel with a lid.
- Wrap the container with a thick cloth to protect the contents from sunlight.
- Place the tincture in a cool dark place.
After 10 days, filter and take the medicine.
- On the first day after breakfast, take one drop, after lunch - 2 drops, after dinner - three drops.
- The second day - 4 drops after breakfast, 5 drops after lunch and 6 after the evening meal.
Subsequent days, the dosage is increased each time by one drop, bringing up to 25 drops per dose. At this dose, the medicine is continued to be taken until all the tincture is over.
Lemon enhances the beneficial properties of garlic, improves immunity and saturates the body with vitamins.
- 4 heads of garlic;
- 4 medium lemons;
- vodka - about 2 glasses.
How to cook:
- Pass the garlic through a press.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemons.
- Place the components in the jar.
- Pour with vodka so that the lemons and garlic are completely covered.
- Leave in a warm, dark place for 14 days, shaking the jar daily.
How to drink medicine: take the product three times a day before meals: dissolve 5 drops in a tablespoon of clean water and drink. The duration of the course is 40 days.
A remedy based on garlic infused with lemon does not lose its medicinal properties when heated. It can be added to tea or coffee.
What is included:
- garlic - 1 large clove;
- vodka - 1 bottle of 0.5 l;
- honey - 1 tablespoon.
Step by step cooking:
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Place in a dark glass jar.
- Add vodka and honey, stir.
- Tie the container with gauze or a clean cloth.
- Remove from sunlight for 3-4 days.
It is used as a prophylactic agent in the season of colds, 30-50 ml once a day.
Warming garlic tincture with the addition of hot pepper will help to cope with colds in the early stages.
- 1 bottle of vodka;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 pod of hot red pepper.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the pepper pod into three parts.
- Pour the components into a capacious jar, pour alcohol.
- Close tightly with a lid and place in a dark place for infusion.
- After three days, strain through a cotton-gauze filter. Done.
Pepper tincture is drunk at the first signs of a cold with a single dose of no more than 50 ml.
A tincture based on apple cider vinegar will help to cure sprains of muscles and ligaments, to cope with skin diseases. You cannot drink it, but you can only lubricate the affected areas.
What is needed:
- 10 garlic cloves;
- 500 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 100 ml of vodka.
- Peel the garlic and grind it into a homogeneous gruel.
- Put the gruel in a glass jar, pour a mixture of vinegar and vodka.
- Close tightly and leave in a dark place. Every day, the vessel must be shaken so that the composition is homogeneous.
- After 2 weeks, strain the composition, you can add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
This tincture is considered a natural elixir of youth, it normalizes metabolism, eliminates harmful deposits and restores internal tone.
- 350 g fresh garlic;
- 200 ml of ethyl alcohol with a concentration of 70%.
How to make a tincture:
- Crush the garlic in a wooden mortar. It is important to use a wooden (non-metallic) device that does not distort the medicinal composition.
- Place the garlic gruel in a glass jar.
- Pour with alcohol, close the lid, shake the mixture vigorously.
- It is better to insist the composition in a cool room, away from the sun. After 10 days, pass the liquid through a gauze filter, squeeze out and leave for another 3-4 days.
How to use: you need to take the medicine according to the scheme described above, in the same way as the vodka-based tincture: three times a day, increasing the single dose by one drop.
Traditional healers recommend starting treatment with garlic tincture in the fall - at this time, the vegetable contains a maximum of useful substances.
Possible side effects
Side effects of the tincture are associated with the peculiarities of the composition of garlic and alcohol.:
- sleep disorders;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- increased appetite and hunger.
If, while taking the tincture, the state of health worsens, it is necessary to stop the garlic treatment and consult a doctor to find out the cause of the symptoms.
Before starting treatment with a tincture of garlic on vodka, it is necessary to exclude contraindications and evaluate the likely benefits and harms of the tincture. Home remedy can be used as a prophylactic, a general tonic cannot replace medications prescribed by a doctor.