It is difficult to overestimate the popularity of beets - this is a very affordable product that fits perfectly into many soups, salads and side dishes.
Growing beets is relatively easy, and the benefits far outweigh any production costs. Boiled beets are especially good for the human body.
This product is able to remove salts and harmful compounds from the body, is useful for the prevention of cancer, is an indispensable tool for constipation and weight loss.
Chemical composition and calorie content per 100 grams of red root vegetable boiled in water
A characteristic feature of beets is that nutrients and compounds are not destroyed during heat treatment. Thanks to this, the use of boiled beets will bring the same benefits, moreover, many elements will be easier to digest.
Consider chem. the composition of the boiled product, what vitamins it contains, and whether there is any benefit from it, as well as whether red beets are high in calories and how many kcal are in 100 grams of root vegetables.
Boiled beets contain the following substances:
- vitamins A, B1, B5, B6, C, E, H and PP;
- folic acid;
- minerals: potassium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, calcium, phosphorus and sodium;
- organic acids (tartaric, lactic, malic, etc.).
Let's talk about the nutritional value and ratio of BJU: how many calories (or kilocalories) and carbohydrates are there in 100 grams of a boiled product?
The calorie content of water-boiled beets is only 40 kcal per 100 gIn addition, the same amount of the finished product contains almost 2 g of protein and over 10 g of carbohydrates.
This means that the boiled beetroot dish will be nutritious and balanced.
Beetroot contains almost no fat, and due to its energy value, this product is included in most diet plans for weight loss.
What is the use of the product for the human body?
The benefits of boiled beets:
- One of the beneficial properties of red root vegetable is its beneficial effect on hematopoietic processes in the human body. This is important for anyone who suffers from anemia or for some reason has lost a lot of blood - for example, for women during heavy menstruation (you can find out about the benefits and harms of beets for a woman's body here).
- It is a known fact that beets are a powerful natural laxative. Therefore, the use of boiled beets is recommended for everyone who suffers from constipation.
- What else and how useful red beets are for the body is their beneficial effect on human digestion - organic acids in its composition help speed up the processes of metabolism and breakdown of food in the stomach.
- Is it useful to eat a root vegetable for hypertensive patients? Definitely yes. Boiled beets contain betaine, which can lower blood pressure, and also fight cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels in people with lipid metabolism disorders.
- Due to the high content of antioxidants, beets are useful for everyone who wants to cleanse the body of harmful accumulations. In conditions of poor ecology and stress, it is also important to remember that boiled beets are able to remove salts of heavy metals from the body.
- Is it good for men to eat beets? Modern research shows that eating boiled beets increases potency.
We offer you to watch a video about the benefits of boiled beets for human health:
Harm to health
Are beets harmful to the body? The negative effect of the root crop is due to its chemical composition:
- The acid content can negatively affect the tissues of the inner surface of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The laxative effect can take a person by surprise, especially if there were no problems with constipation before use.
- Unfortunately, there are a lot of sugars in beets, which means that with certain diets, this root vegetable is still not suitable for the menu.
Read more about the benefits and dangers of beets for human health in a separate article.
The use of boiled beets is contraindicated in cases:
- The high content of acids dictates the need to refrain from eating beets for people with gastritis and other diseases of the stomach and high acidity of its environment.
- With a calcium deficiency, you should not lean on beets, as they tend to lower the level of calcium absorption in the body.
- Boiled beets are not the best choice for diabetes because of their high sugar content.
- The use of beets will bring harm to people who suffer from constant diarrhea and other digestive disorders - the laxative effect will only aggravate the situation.
- Boiled beets are contraindicated for urolithiasis, despite common erroneous recommendations about the destruction of kidney stones by eating beets.
How to cook properly?
- If you have a fresh root vegetable, wash it thoroughly and do not trim the root and bottom of the leaves from the tops before boiling. In this way, maximum beet juice is retained. For beets that have been stored for a long time, it is advisable to completely remove the tops.
- After that, the prepared root vegetables must be folded into a cooking pot, covered with cold water and cooked over low heat for about 50-60 minutes after boiling. The cooking time will naturally depend on the size of the beets.
- At the end of cooking, the water must be drained, the finished beets must be doused with cold water so that it is easier to clean later.
There is also a better way to preserve the maximum usefulness in beets - you need to bake the roots wrapped in foil in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 180 ° C.
We offer you to watch a video on how to cook beets properly:
How to use?
- If you decide to carry out a global cleansing of the body, grate the cooked beets and roll them into small balls. Consume one such scoop before each meal for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Regularly add boiled beets to side dishes and salads when dieting during TB treatment for therapeutic benefits.
- For mild forms of pancreatitis, boiled beets can be consumed every morning in portions weighing no more than 100 g.
- When losing weight, boiled beets are great as a light salad - just grate and salt them. You can also arrange fasting days on beets, or even follow a mono diet with recipes made from boiled beets.
- Eat one small boiled beet every morning on an empty stomach for several days to relieve constipation. The result will appear very soon, and for better assimilation, you can season the grated beets with vegetable oil.
- It is useful to add boiled beets to food with hypertension and a tendency to high blood pressure.
Beets are an important ingredient in the dishes of people who are looking after their health. What is healthier - a boiled or raw root vegetable, as well as what properties of a fresh vegetable, when and how much it can be consumed - read on our Internet portal.
Coming to the end, I would like to note that regular consumption of beets in food will definitely have a beneficial effect on your body... This product is able to remove salts and harmful compounds from the body, is useful for the prevention of cancer, is an indispensable tool for constipation and weight loss.
Check out the contraindications and take note of all the beneficial properties of boiled beets right now in order to introduce it into your recipes for every day.