Cauliflower is a healthy and tasty vegetable that has many beneficial properties. It goes well with any kind of meat and most vegetables in light and tasty dishes, and the shape of the cauliflower, which resembles the crown of a tree, allows for an effective serving. In this article, we will learn about the benefits and chemical composition of cauliflower, about cooking with cheese, about quick recipes for making stuffed cauliflower, as well as about which meat is best for filling.
Benefits and calories
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable containing a large number of components that have a beneficial effect on the human body:
- amino acids: arginine and lysine;
- cellulose of a delicate structure;
- vitamins: C, B1, B6, B2, PP, A, H;
- pectin substances;
- trace elements: potassium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium;
- organic acids: malic, citric, folic, pantothenic.
Thanks to this composition cauliflower is easily absorbed by the body, does not irritate the gastrointestinal tract, and is recommended for use at any age. Baked cauliflower with minced meat has a moderate calorie content - 170 - 293 kcal per 100 g of the finished dish.
Step-by-step instructions for cooking a dish with cheese
Among the many recipes for cooking cauliflower casserole with minced meat in the oven, two of them can be called basic. They are prepared from the same ingredients, but fundamentally differ in the way they are prepared.
- cauliflower - 1 head;
- minced meat 0.5 kg.;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- cheese - 200 g.;
- eggs - 2-3 pcs.;
- sour cream / mayonnaise - 100 g;
- flour - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- for splendor, you can add ⅓ tsp. soda quenched with vinegar;
- butter for mold lubrication;
- spices to taste.
Preparation of ingredients:
- Rinse the cabbage and blanch for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Chopped vegetables are added to the minced meat - onions, carrots, herbs. The mixture is brought to semi-cooked in a frying pan.
- The cheese is grated on a fine or medium grater.
- The boiled head of cauliflower is divided into inflorescences.
- Add cabbage inflorescences, eggs, flour, ⅔ from shabby cheese, sour cream or mayonnaise to a deep bowl with pre-prepared minced meat.
- Mix all ingredients well with the addition of spices (when using mayonnaise, it is important to take into account the amount of salt so as not to oversalt the dish).
- The mold is greased with oil and the whole prepared mixture is transferred into it, sprinkled with the remaining cheese on top.
- The oven is preheated to 180 - 200 ° C and baked for 30-45 minutes.
- Readiness is determined by the characteristic golden brown crust on top.
- After cooking, the dish must be allowed to cool, after which it is ready to serve.
Reference! This recipe can be modified with various additives.
To accurately prepare a delicious dish, watch the video:
With a creamy sauce
The ingredients remain the same, but instead of sour cream or mayonnaise, cream sauce is used.
To prepare it you will need:
- flour - 1-3 tbsp. l .;
- cold cream 20% / full fat milk - 200 ml.;
- butter - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt, black pepper to taste;
- you can also add garlic - 2 cloves;
- grated hard cheese - 150 g;
- nutmeg on the tip of a knife.
- Flour is fried in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- Butter is added to the flour and sautéed a little more over low heat with the addition of spices.
- Cream or milk is added to the mixture. Necessarily chilled.
- Keep on fire for 2 minutes.
The prepared sauce is added to the basic recipe for baked cauliflower with minced meat in the oven. You can learn more recipes for cooking cauliflower in the oven here.
Not sure if you got the recipe correctly? Watch the video:
With soy sauce
This the sauce can be used as an inclusion in the main recipeby adding 1-2 tbsp. into the mixture before baking. Its main purpose is to serve directly with the finished dish. Soy sauce complements its characteristic flavor and aroma.
The basic recipe for cooking can be varied by adding tomatoes. In this case, you need to wash 1-2 tomatoes, peel them if desired and cut into slices. They are evenly spread on the surface of the dish, and sprinkled with grated hard cheese on top. This adds juiciness and flavor to the dish, as well as decorates its appearance.
You can learn how to cook delicious cauliflower with tomatoes and other vegetables in this article.
Several quick recipes with photos
Oven minced cauliflower is an original, simple and tasty dish that can be prepared with a few quick recipe modifications.
Whole baked stuffed vegetable
For this recipe you will need:
- a whole head of cauliflower;
- minced meat - 300-500 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- eggs - 2 pcs.;
- sour cream - 200 ml.;
- hard cheese - 150 gr.;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Without violating the integrity of the cauliflower head, its blanching is carried out - keeping in boiling water for 2-5 minutes to soften.
- Minced meat with chopped vegetables is blanched in a pan with the addition of butter until half cooked.
- Spread the cabbage on a large plate or baking sheet and stuff with minced meat with vegetables, placing it between the inflorescences.
- The sour cream / mayonnaise / cream sauce is mixed with the eggs and the stuffed head of cauliflower is soaked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle on top with a thick layer of cheese and place in an oven preheated to 180 ° C.
- The dish is baked for 35-50 minutes.
After cooling or warm, the cabbage is cut into slices, approximately counting on 4-5 servings.
Read about how else you can cook cauliflower in the oven with sour cream and cheese, and how to do it with cheese and eggs here.
Inflorescences in a meat bowl
The ingredients remain unchanged, only the cooking method is different:
- The cauliflower head is blanched and divided into inflorescences.
- Vegetables, herbs, eggs and spices are added to the minced meat and form a "ball" out of it.
- The separated inflorescences are "injected" into the minced meat.
- Sprinkle with mayonnaise / sour cream / cream sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- The workpiece is placed in an oven preheated by 180 degrees and baked for 35-60 minutes, depending on the type of meat.
You can also make other delicious cauliflower dishes with cheese, the recipes for which you can find here.
What kind of meat can I use?
This recipe is suitable for minced poultry, pork and beef. The difference lies not only in taste, but also in the calorie content and benefits of the dish. You can read about how you can deliciously make cauliflower with meat in the oven according to different recipes in this material.
The baking time will be 45-50 minutes, and the calorie content of the dish is 284 kcal per 100 g.... Beef, despite its high energy value, is one of the easiest meat products to digest and is often used in dietary nutrition, and also has a rich composition of proteins, vitamins, macro- and microelements, as well as heme iron, which is necessary to maintain normal levels hemoglobin and collagen.
One of the fattest types of meat, but at the same time it is loved by many people. The cooking time for a dish with this minced meat will be about 50 minutes, and the calorie content will be 293 kcal per 100 g. The fat content in this dish will be an order of magnitude higher than with minced beef.
The dish in this case will be practically fat-free, and the calorie content of a chicken dish is only 173 kcal / 100 g... The cooking time will be only 30-35 minutes. Chicken meat is a valuable source of protein and belongs to dietary types of meat. How else you can cook cauliflower with chicken in the oven, we talked about in a separate article.
Cauliflower can be used to prepare many interesting dishes in the oven. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with how to bake it in batter, breadcrumbs, cream, and béchamel sauce.
Whole cauliflower baked in the oven will be a wonderful table decoration in itself, thanks to its original appearance. When served, it is cut into wedges, which are served with cream cheese, soy or garlic sauce.
Basic recipe can be used for cooking in potsthat look appetizing and attractive, and also do not require additional steps to serve the dish. When serving baked cabbage with minced meat, in the original version of the recipe, the whole dish is laid out on a large plate and cut into portions like a pie. This dish can be positioned as a main dish and as an appetizer and does not require additional side dishes due to the ingredients in the composition.
Baked cauliflower with minced meat is a recipe that everyone can interpret to their taste by adding their favorite foods to it: mushrooms, bell peppers, garlic. A simple and tasty dish will allow you to discover this healthy vegetable in a new way.