Delicate instant dish makes it possible to enjoy not only the aroma, but also the excellent taste.
And it cooks in the oven quickly because cauliflower is first boiled, and then various delicious dishes are made.
Delicious cauliflower casserole in thirty minutes. This dish is eaten even by those who are not very fond of cauliflower. You can use both fresh and frozen cauliflower in the casserole.
The benefits and harms of such a dish
The benefits of the main ingredient (cauliflower) have been proven by scientists, so doctors advise to eat it.
Cauliflower is capable of:
- reduce the risk of cancer by three times;
- protects against ulcers, gastritis;
- tidies up the cardiovascular system;
- strengthens the immune system.
Not all vegetables can boast of this action.
The nutritional value of the dish in one portion (by weight it is 265 grams):
- calorie content - 97 kcal;
- the presence of proteins - 8 grams (38%);
- fat - 8 grams (37%);
- carbohydrates - 5 gr. (25%).
Composition of 100 grams of cauliflower (raw):
- vitamin C - 45-48 mg;
- vitamin K - 15% of the norm per day;
- 14% of the daily value of folic acid;
- vitamin B5 - 13% of the norm per day;
- choline - 12% of the norm;
- 2 grams of fiber;
- 9% Daily Value Omega-3 Fatty Acids;
- 7% manganese;
- 6% phosphorus, biotin and potassium;
- 2 grams of protein;
- vitamin B2 - 5%.
Cauliflower in the oven with egg and cheese can be safely classified as a healthy food!
We suggest watching a video about the benefits of cauliflower:
Step-by-step instructions on how to cook with egg, cheese and milk
To cook cauliflower with an egg in the oven, we need:
- 300 grams of cauliflower;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- milk - 5 tablespoons;
- water - 500 ml;
- cheese (hard) - 40 grams;
- salt to your taste;
- dry spices to taste.
The number of products above is written for 4 servings.
How do you bake cauliflower with an egg and other foods to make a delicious and juicy dish? Let's consider step by step.
- Prepare all the ingredients you need and lay them out in front of you so you don't forget anything.
- Disassemble the cabbage into individual inflorescences (if the inflorescences are very large, then cut them into smaller pieces).
- Put a pot of water on the fire (remember to add a little water). Bring to a boil.
- Put cabbage in boiling water and cook for 15 minutes (during cooking, put on medium heat).
- Pour the cabbage into a colander to drain the water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and milk to a separate bowl. Whisk them well until light foam forms.
- Salt the same mixture, add spices to taste. Stir the contents of the pot.
- Using a coarse grater, grate the cheese.
- Take a baking dish and put all the cabbage in it (before that, do not forget to lightly grease the baking dish itself so that nothing burns and does not stick to the bottom and sides during baking).
- Pour the cooked, lightly whisked mixture over the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with hard cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Serve the dish 10-15 minutes after cooking so that the cauliflower and egg infuse a little and acquire a brighter taste.
We suggest looking at another recipe for cooking cauliflower in the oven:
Various variations of the recipe for casseroles with tomatoes, sour cream and other ingredients
Not everyone likes the presence of any product in the recipe, so you can safely experiment with adding different ingredients. You can add other ingredients to baked cauliflower in the oven, but then the taste will be very different.
Variants of other recipes:
- Before putting all the ingredients of the recipe in a baking dish, you can put the fried onions on the bottom, and only then half-boiled (cook for 5-7 minutes in water), spread the cabbage.
- then fill with 1-2 lightly beaten eggs.
- Add cream to the cheese for a tender taste.
This recipe variation is cooked at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
There is an even more interesting option with a casserole, where fresh and juicy vegetables - bell peppers and tomatoes.
- In this recipe, young cabbage is taken and cooked for only 3-4 minutes.
- In a baking dish, after laying out the cabbage, put tomatoes and peppers cut into rings on top.
- Everything else is the same as the main recipe.
- You need to bake the dish for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
To make the casserole with cabbage acquire a piquant pungent taste, you can add Korean carrots, and at the same time remove milk and cheese from the recipe, but add sour cream (about 15% fat). You can also add smoked chicken and mushrooms here (you can learn more about other delicious options for recipes from cauliflower and chicken here, and you can read more about the recipes for this vegetable with cheese and mushrooms in this material).
Before all the ingredients are in the form, you can brush it with olive oil, after which the aroma of olives and light taste will remain in the casserole itself. Of course, can be baked in the oil itself, but without the use of dairy products, as the dish can be very greasy.
There are other recipes for vegetables with cheese. You can learn more about recipes for baked cauliflower in the oven with cheese here.
We suggest watching a video on how to make cauliflower and tomato casserole:
Serving options, photo
The cauliflower dish is best served fresh and golden brown. Since this vegetable is considered a dietary one, it can be served with different dishes: with fresh salad from tomatoes and cucumbers, with meat, with stewed potatoes or stews. You can find out more about dietary meals from cauliflower in this material.
Cauliflower can be baked separately with herbs and olive oil, but you can still make the dish original. For example, in the form of a tree.
To do this, cut the whole cabbage into slices that will look very beautiful. So you will pleasantly surprise your household.
Cauliflower is very beneficial especially if you are on a diet.... So that this product does not lose many of its nutrients when boiled in water, you can skip this stage and go directly to baking. Enjoy your meal!