Cauliflower is a tasty and healthy product, and in combination with meat it becomes twice as delicious! Do not think that it is very difficult to prepare such a dish; there are options that even a novice cook can successfully cope with.
Baked cauliflower goes well with any summer salad. This dish is not only tasty, but also satisfying, and you can not talk about the taste.
Thanks to perfectly matched spices, cabbage will sparkle with new colors and surprise you with its aroma. And in summer, this dish can be supplemented with various vegetables and herbs.
About the benefits and dangers of such a dish
Along with other vegetables of the cabbage family, cauliflower contains a large amount of nutrients and vitamins.
Such a product is useful for both adults and children. If we talk about calorie content, then 100 grams of such a product contains only 100 kcal. It is clear that in combination with meat, the calorie content increases significantly, but not so much as to worry about the slimness of the figure.
Those people who monitor their weight should give preference to lean meat, it is best to take turkey or chicken. Such the product has a cleansing effect, all toxins and toxins are quickly removed from the body... Cauliflower contains vitamins C and manganese in abundance, which, when combined with meat, only enhance the positive effects on human health. After such a delicious dish, the human digestive system works without problems.
It must be understood that despite the amazing taste and benefits of such a dish, it can also harm the human body. The fact is that cauliflower contains substances called purines, which are contraindicated for some people. Such substances are capable of dismembering and forming urinary-type acid, therefore, people with gout or kidney diseases are strongly advised to refuse such a product.
Step by step instructions for cooking
For meat casserole with cabbage, you will need the following ingredients:
- cauliflower (one head of cabbage);
- 300 grams of meat (lean pork);
- 2 eggs;
- half a glass of milk;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- you can grated hard cheese.
- Boil cauliflower inflorescences, but before that, the head of cabbage is cleaned and divided into inflorescences.
- In a parallel mode, it is necessary to start the process of marinating meat (in this option, pork is taken), it is cut into pieces, spices, salt and pepper are added to it to taste, all this is thoroughly mixed and let it stand well, and at this time the cabbage is being cooked.
- It is necessary to prepare the batter in the traditional way - the flour is mixed with milk and eggs, all this is thoroughly whipped. At this time, cabbage is boiled, it is very important here that it is not overcooked.
- After all these manipulations, the meat and cauliflower must be carefully laid out on a baking sheet, and then all this is evenly poured on top with batter (for taste, you can sprinkle everything with grated cheese).
- Everything that happened should be sent to the oven, preheated to 200 degrees, and baked.
- Now it remains to wait half an hour for everything to be ready, you get a beautiful, savory and original dish in the form of a casserole, which can adequately decorate any festive table.
If the above recipe was about pork, then the dish will turn out no worse if you take beef.
There are certain differences - beef is marinated for more time. If there is not enough time for this, then you do not need to marinate the beef, but first boil it slightly for 40 minutes. Then it should also be pepper, salt and add spices to taste.
It is best to take lean beef for the dish., then it will cook faster and there will not be a lot of calories in it.
The most useful and quick recipe is turkey, in terms of the amount of vitamins it has no equal.
The differences in the preparation of the dish are that the turkey is marinated for a shorter time than pork, and less time is required for baking.
With this option, grated cheese is most suitable.
Lamb requires more thorough preparation - it must first be marinated in mineral water, as for barbecue or in red wine (in the latter case, you get just a delicious taste and aroma).
If you decide to work with lamb, then you definitely should not add grated cheese.
It so happens that time is short, but you need to cook a hearty and tasty dish, then the version of meat baked in the oven with cauliflower is ideal.
For cooking, you can take:
- ready-made chicken breasts, which are sold already cut;
- quickly peel the cauliflower, boil it for 10 minutes;
- at this time, the chicken breasts are laid out on a baking sheet and covered with salt, spices and pepper;
- then all this is shifted with boiled cabbage and sent to the oven for 20 minutes.
You can find out more about the method of cooking cauliflower with chicken here.
We suggest watching a video on how to cook baked cauliflower with chicken:
The dish is served to the table in the following way:
- Such dishes can be decorated with fresh herbs, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes before serving.
- If all this is overlaid with fresh lettuce leaves, then it will turn out not only beautifully, but also useful.
- The dish will be decorated with a mayonnaise cap, boiled and finely chopped eggs.
- You can show your imagination and add mushrooms or olives there - all this will be quickly eaten.
The combination of meat with cauliflower is a great option for those who adhere to proper nutrition. One of the advantages of such food is its variability, you can use different types of meat, depending on the person's taste preferences and the state of his health.