Fungus is an infection of the nails and skin. At the initial stage, this trouble affects only the outer cover of the human body. If you do not start treatment in a timely manner, then the infection can also affect the internal organs.
To date, many drugs have been developed to combat it: effective and not very, expensive and budgetary. But sometimes medicines can be found close at hand.
Garlic is one of the most effective remedies for nail fungus. It is about the benefits of garlic from this ailment that you will learn in the article.
Can it help against fungal infection?
Garlic is a folk remedy that has long been used to treat colds and helminthiasis. But in the treatment of fungi, it has been used not so long ago. The healing properties of garlic are due to the substances that are in its composition, namely phytoncides. They make it useful in getting rid of the development, growth and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. This is why garlic is toxic to various types of fungus.
If we compare garlic with other folk remedies for fungus, for example, with apple cider vinegar or tea tree oil, then we can safely say that it is more effective.
Important! Garlic cannot be compared to pharmaceuticals, since synthetic antimicrobial agents have a stronger effect. It should also be remembered that it cannot be used for treatment without first consulting a doctor.
How does it kill?
The fungus of nails in medicine is called onychomycosis. The fungus penetrates deeply into the nail plate, which is why its treatment takes several months. Infected nails are easy to identify. They turn yellow, deform and crumble.
In the composition of garlic there is a substance called diallyl sulfide, which slows down the enzymatic reactions inside the cells of the fungus, which leads to its death. Garlic also contains arginine, oligosaccharides, selenium and natural bioflavonoids. In addition to the action on the fungus, garlic preparations and the vegetable itself enhance immune functions and the body's natural defenses.
Are there any contraindications?
It is not yet fully known whether garlic has any side effects. If garlic has any side effects, they are mild and not serious. Some people may develop plant allergies, resulting in rashes, redness, or blisters. If you notice any changes, then you should not continue using garlic for treatment.
It should also be remembered that if you use garlic, then you need to use it based on already known recipes, and not come up with something new and experiment. It is irritating, so increasing its amount or duration of treatment can aggravate symptoms, and you can also get soft tissue burns.
How to choose the right vegetable?
A very important step in the application of the garlic treatment is the selection of the garlic itself. This seemingly simple process should be approached with extreme caution and care.
- Choose large or medium-sized cloves, as they contain a larger amount of juice, in which nutrients are stored.
- If the garlic has dark spots, rot, mildew, or other indications of an abnormal condition, then it should not be used.
- A very old vegetable no longer has the same properties as a young one. It is also not usable.
Before using garlic-based recipes, prepare the infected nail:
- Wash and dry.
- Slightly cut off the affected part (to a thin film).
Consider how you can treat an infected nail with garlic remedies.
3-4 cloves of garlic.
- It is necessary to squeeze the garlic through a garlic press or grate on the finest grater. Before use, you need to steam your feet thoroughly for 10 minutes and wipe them dry.
- The gruel is applied to the surface of only damaged nails.
- Then you need to put on a bandage, put on socks, preferably woolen, and leave the bandage with garlic gruel overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bandage and wash your feet thoroughly with soap, then dry them well.
Ointment with the addition of butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Fine salt.
- Grate the garlic.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add an equal volume of butter to the resulting mixture and mix well.
- Use this ointment for medicated compresses at night.
- The juice of a few cloves of garlic.
- 90 degree alcohol.
- The garlic is passed through a garlic press and squeezed well.
- Alcohol is added to the resulting juice in an amount equal to the juice.
- The resulting mixture is insisted in a dark place for 2-3 days.
- Apply the resulting essence to the affected area of the nail.
Reference! This procedure can be performed several times a day. There will be nothing terrible for the body.
- 2 heads of garlic.
- 50 ml of medical alcohol.
- 50 ml of distilled water.
- Get juice from garlic.
- The juice is mixed with alcohol and insisted for 2-3 days.
- Before use, dilute with water and treat the affected areas with this composition once a day.
You can also apply in this way: Moisten gauze with the composition, apply to the nail and cover with cellophane for 40 minutes. Then wash your hands with cool water and soap.
Only garlic is needed from the ingredients:
- Pass the garlic through the garlic press and squeeze the juice.
- Apply pure juice to the nail.
- Wait until it dries on the nail.
Attention! If applied to toenails, it is best to do this procedure at night and put on socks after treatment.
- Wash your feet in the morning.
Oral garlic tea
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 200 ml of water.
- Honey or lemon (optional)
- To boil water.
- Pass the garlic through the garlic press.
- Pour chopped garlic with water, cool to 40 degrees and strain. Add honey or lemon to taste if desired. Such a drink can be prepared for one use, or several times. You can store it in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days.
- Warm up before use.
Powder in shoes
Since garlic kills the fungus that has spread on the legs, when the first signs of the disease appear, as well as for preventive purposes, garlic powder is used to treat shoes from the inside. You can also sprinkle socks on them. Garlic powder can be purchased ready-made, or you can make it yourself. This requires 3 heads of garlic.
- Separate the teeth from each other and peel.
- Cut the cloves into thin slices and send to the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Unplug the oven and leave the garlic in it for 45 minutes. Repeat this procedure several times to completely dry the garlic. This takes 2 to 4 hours. And with very juicy garlic, the procedure can take 5-6 hours.
- Then the dried garlic is ground into powder.
Treatment with half a clove with salt
Method of preparation and use:
- Cut the garlic cloves in half.
- Rub with salt until juice appears.
- Rub the nail with this half. One half for one nail.
Garlic has unique properties, so it can also help cure prostatitis, cancer, ear diseases, cough, clogged blood vessels, high blood pressure, joints, heart and blood vessels, toothache, runny nose.
If you are faced with the problem of infection with a fungus, do not rush to run to the pharmacy for drugs. Check the refrigerator to see if you have a more effective remedy on hand. Strictly adhere to recipes and dosages and you will be able to cope with this problem in the shortest possible time without material costs.