For a housewife who wants to please the family with a tasty and healthy dish, which takes very little time to prepare, cooking cauliflower in breadcrumbs will be a real godsend.
Both adults and children will be happy to try this dish as a main and side dish. Cauliflower in breadcrumbs can be fried in vegetable oil in a pan, or you can bake in the oven. The second way gets rid of excess fat. Cooked cabbage is crispy in the oven.
Benefit and harm
Cauliflower itself is, of course, a healthy treat for anyone with a healthy diet. The energy value of 100 grams of cauliflower is only 30 calories. 100 grams of this plant contains only 3 g of protein, 4 g of carbohydrates and 0.3 g of fat.
A few pieces of cauliflower can more than offset the need for vitamin C, since they contain 70% of the daily requirement of an adult. In addition, it contains a large amount of vitamins B 2 and K. There are vitamins A, E and H.
Like any other vegetable, cauliflower contains no less useful ingredients than all the treasures of the Copper Mountain: phosphorus, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, copper and zinc. Armed with this knowledge, Natalia will definitely include cauliflower in her daily diet for the fastest achievement of results and getting an amazing figure.
but cauliflower isn't just good for fitness fanatics... The properties of this useful plant improve metabolic processes in the human body, help the functioning of the adrenal glands. Eating this dish as a side dish promotes digestion and assimilation of other foods.
Recent studies by biochemists show that women need to consume this treat anyway, because it has anti-cancer properties and can prevent breast cancer. Men using this vegetable can prevent many problems with the intestines and prostate gland.
That is, it is advisable to include cauliflower in your daily diet for all gourmets.
However, despite the range of benefits, some people should take cauliflower with extreme caution. These can be allergy sufferers (if there is an allergy), ulcers (since the acid in the leaves can irritate the body), hypertensive patients (especially in connection with kidney diseases). Also the vegetable should not be consumed by people with gout, thyroid disease and pancreatitis - due to high acidity.
How do you prepare this healthy and nutritious dish? We suggest you familiarize yourself with a detailed description of the recipe for cooking cauliflower in breadcrumbs in the oven. What will a housewife need when she decides to diversify the family's menu and add cauliflower to her evening dinner?
The following ingredients should be prepared:
- several heads of cauliflower;
Then our housewife, for example, Julia, who is waiting for her husband and two children from school, needs to go through the following sequence of actions:
- Divide the heads of cauliflower by color, 2-3 cm in size.
- Wash the cabbage.
- Bring 1-1.5 liters of water to a boil.
- Put the cabbage in the water.
- Salt and boil the water again.
- Boil the cabbage for no more than 1-2 minutes. If cooked for too long, the cauliflower will lose its wonderful firmness, allowing it to crunch when eaten.
- Remove the cabbage from the pan.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and stir.
- Dip the cabbage in eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Then put in the oven. It is baked for 10 minutes until golden brown at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- All that remains is to put the cooked dish on a shallow plate and watch her family cheerfully grunch a cauliflower with a golden crust.
We suggest watching a video on how to cook cauliflower in breadcrumbs in the oven:
Photo of the finished dish
Here you can see a photo of cauliflower in bread crumbs:
Various recipe variations
If you liked the cauliflower, then the housewife can use different options for its preparation:
- With cheese and garlic - in this case, stir the eggs with finely grated garlic and cheese.
- With chili - in this case, you can replace the eggs with vegetable oil, tomato paste and chili. Boiled cabbage should also be dipped in the prepared mixture and placed in the oven.
- No eggs - adding eggs is optional. Instead, you can add sour cream, grated cheese, and butter. For cooking, you need to spread the cabbage after cooking in tins, add sour cream and cheese there. Fry the crackers separately in butter, add the resulting mass to the molds. Then put in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Quick recipe for cooking - when time is short, and a hungry family is sitting in the kitchen, impatiently knocking with spoons, you can turn on a little imagination and fry cabbage in a few moments in a pan.
Add butter instead of the egg mass and pour the crackers directly into the pan. True, Yulin's husband, Victor, being an ardent admirer of a healthy lifestyle and low-calorie nutrition, can refuse this option, considering it too fat.
- Roasting the sauce... Another quick recipe for cauliflower is to fry the sauce separately. In a frying pan, flour and vegetable oil are mixed, cabbage broth, dill and garlic are added, all this is fried until boiling. Cauliflower is dipped in the resulting sauce, then baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
You can and should serve the dish with various sauces and additives. Even a little mayonnaise can add a nice touch to the cauliflower. It is also recommended to use soy sauce, ketchup, cream.
Besides, vegetables will add special piquancy and freshness: lettuce, bell pepper, dill, cilantro.
Thus, cauliflower with breadcrumbs baked in the oven can pleasantly diversify your menu, giving your dinner a unique flavor! In addition, as mentioned above, cauliflower has many beneficial properties and can be served, including, to people on a diet.