More and more often, during colds and other illnesses, we resort to the use of various expensive drugs. But sometimes the best medicine is at hand. These are the so-called folk remedies. One of them is garlic. The meaning of the procedure lies in the healing substances phytoncides, which naturally penetrate through the ears, and more specifically through the Eustachian tube, into the nasopharynx and destroy microbes, viruses and pathogenic bacteria. You will learn about the benefits of garlic for various diseases in this article.
What does the plant help from?
Everyone has long known that, due to its composition, garlic is extremely useful. The components that make up garlic are capable of:
- have a bactericidal effect - they fight against fungal diseases (how to treat toenail fungus, read here);
- support the cardiovascular system - prevent the formation of cholesterol, optimize the work of the heart muscle, prevent diseases;
- have an expectorant effect - liquefy and remove phlegm when coughing;
- have anti-inflammatory effect - heals inflammation, disinfects the urinary tract;
- strengthen immunity - supports all the protective functions of the body.
We offer you to watch a video about the healing properties of garlic:
What happens if you put it overnight?
Garlic is used in folk recipes, as a part of medicines, lotions and tinctures.
What happens if you put garlic in your ear overnight? Even a simple piece of garlic inserted into the ear can have a healing effect and help to cope with such diseases:
- runny nose;
- diseases of the inner ear.
Also, the interaction of garlic with various oils (for example, with camphor oil) can treat deafness.
Why can it help?
Garlic is a natural source of essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidant compounds essential for the body to function properly. Garlic is rich in nutrients such as:
- vitamins B6 and C;
- glutamic and aspartic acids;
- vitamin C;
It is thanks to allicin, the strongest antioxidant, that garlic has its healing properties.
It is thanks to its components that garlic:
- strengthens the immune system;
- reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease;
- reduces the risk of developing cancer;
- controls the formation of cholesterol;
- improves blood circulation;
- regulates blood pressure.
The use of garlic is extremely contraindicated in:
- diseases of the kidneys and liver;
- ulcers of the stomach and duodenum (how garlic affects the gastrointestinal tract, read here);
It is also not recommended to use it for long-term treatment. Since this can lead to an imbalance of microflora, as well as irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
It also stimulates the production of bile, so you should be extremely careful when using garlic for cholelithiasis.
We suggest watching a video about who is not recommended to eat garlic:
How to treat?
It should be remembered that the garlic selected for treatment must meet these requirements.:
- it should be free of mold, rot, black spots;
- too old garlic is not suitable, since there is not enough juice in it, which has medicinal properties.
Don't forget about safety precautions:
- Use only in the absence of inflammation.
- Due to the high potential to cause allergic reactions in humans, it is imperative to carry out a so-called test, which will show whether you are allergic to garlic. If this procedure is neglected, then the disease can be seriously aggravated.
- A medium clove of garlic needs to be peeled.
- Next, we cut it into small pieces. Do not under any circumstances grind or pass through a garlic press.
- Divide the chopped garlic into equal parts.
- We take a piece of gauze, bandage or natural fabric measuring 12x15 cm.Fold it twice.
- Put garlic in the middle of the fabric and twist it with a tourniquet.
- Place both tourniquets in the ears for 30 minutes.
You can find out more about the use of garlic for colds here.
- Take a small clove of garlic.
- Peel it.
- With a needle, make several holes in the clove so that it slightly lets out the juice.
- Inject into a sore ear. Do not insert deep into the ear so that it does not enter the inner ear.
- Hold for at least 30 minutes.
The garlic treatment can relieve pain by providing antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial effects.
With olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Chop 1 clove of garlic and add to the oil.
- Leave on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, remove the garlic.
- Cool and bury two drops in the ears.
Possible side effects
When choosing garlic for treatment, you need to be aware of the side effects that it can cause:
- The first thing to remember is that after using it, you will feel an unpleasant, pungent garlic smell that will persist for some time.
- Also remember that garlic can cause burns due to improper care. Therefore, cut or grated garlic must be wrapped in a cloth, gauze or bandage so that its juice does not burn.
- Another side effect is that garlic can cause specific dermatitis.
- Remember that it cannot be used with certain medications, such as aspirin.
- It also irritates the stomach lining, so do not take it on an empty stomach.
- You should also remember about dosages. An excess of garlic can lead to headaches, distraction and impaired concentration. All this is due to one component that is part of garlic - this is the sulfanine hydroxyl ion. It enters the bloodstream and thus has a negative effect on the functioning of the brain.
It is impossible to start treatment with garlic without first consulting a doctor. Otherwise, you may aggravate your symptoms and make them more difficult to cure in the future.
At the first symptoms of a cold or pain in the ears, do not rush to the pharmacy for medicines.... You may have an extra clove of garlic at home. It is he who will benefit you. The main thing is to follow the rules of caution when using it for medicinal purposes. Then you will quickly get rid of the problem that torments you.
We offer you to watch a video on how garlic is used in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the ear: