We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Do you like to surprise your relatives or friends with your culinary masterpieces? Suggest that they try black garlic next time. You haven’t heard about it yet or you don’t know anything? Then this article is for you.
And also you will learn how you can cook it yourself and how to use this healthy product.
What it is?
Everyone knows and has seen regular white garlic. So black garlic, also called fermented, is the same garlic, only it gets its color artificially. It cannot be grown in beds using seeds.
What does it look like and how is it different?
Outside, it looks like an old onion, but inside it has black lobules. Let's face it, the view is not very presentable. But how many advantages, in contrast to white garlic!
- It lacks a specific, unpleasant and pungent odor.
- Black garlic is also unusual in taste: it is sweet, and its consistency resembles a fig.
- Garlic is better absorbed by our body.
- After fermentation, the content of antioxidants in the product doubles!
From the video you will find out why black garlic is 20 times more useful than white:
Below you will see this black vegetable:
Why is the vegetable this color?
Where this strange color came from is understandable. In order for a vegetable to become this color, it is aged under special conditions from 1 month to six months. The high temperature, as well as the sugars and amino acids contained in this product, give a substance during synthesis - melanoidin. It is he who stains the garlic in an unusual color.
Where can I get it?
Due to its usefulness, the prices for this product are not cheap, but you cannot save on your health. In Moscow and St. Petersburg, black garlic is sold in hypermarkets and wholesale. Retail price in 2018 from 250 to 300 rubles per 100 grams or by the piece, and wholesale from 1000 to 1500 rubles per kilogram. It can be seen on store shelves, as well as purchased in online stores, for example, in the ECO BIO market.
Reference. Black garlic has been known to mankind for a very long time. In Thailand, it was consumed 4000 years ago. Archaeologists have found garlic in the tombs of Ancient Egypt. In the East, garlic is revered as a vegetable that gives health and longevity. A new impetus for the popularization of this product was given by a company from South Korea. She started exporting black garlic to the United States.
What are the health benefits and harms?
Black garlic is a completely natural product without dyes, preservatives or other chemicals. What is this vegetable used for? Garlic is recommended as a medicinal product and for dietary nutrition (you can learn about the benefits and dangers of white garlic, for what diseases it should be taken, and for which it should not be taken, and you can also see the most useful recipes with its use here, and from this article you will learn about advantages and disadvantages of a Chinese vegetable and what precautions should be taken when consuming it).
It has a positive effect on the human circulatory system and on the digestive organs:
- normalizes blood pressure;
- strengthens blood vessels;
- improves heart rhythm;
- prevention of atherosclerosis;
- helps in the fight against excess weight;
- improves liver function;
- activates metabolic processes.
Recommended for patients with diabetes mellitus, as it does not contain sugar.
Black garlic stimulates our immune system, and like regular garlic, resists inflammatory processes. Due to its high content of antioxidants, it slows down aging, helping cells to be healthy. Garlic was one of the most favorite dishes of the goddess of Ancient Greece Aphrodite, eating garlic, she remained young and beautiful.
There are no contraindications, except for individual intolerance. Excessive consumption is not recommended by doctors, like any other product.
Important! With excessive consumption, the digestive organs are affected first of all, Garlic juice irritates the mucous membrane of the organs. Therefore, it is not recommended to eat garlic for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
This "miracle" - the vegetable has a calorie content per 100 grams of only 149 kcal, of which in the year:
The product contains both vitamins, microelements, macronutrients, and amino acids. Here is a list of just a few of them:
- beta carotene;
- B vitamins;
- vitamin C;
- vitamin K;
Recipe how to cook at home
Such a "colored" vegetable can be cooked at home, but it will cause a lot of trouble. Consider how you can do it at home.
- You need to take the garlic, select it without damage.
- Wrap whole heads tightly in foil, you can in several layers.
- Place in a deep plate and place in the oven.
- Turn on the oven.
If you are ready to keep your oven on at 60 degrees for about two months, then you can taste your homemade black garlic.
How to eat?
This product can be eaten without further processing. Peel and eat like dried fruit. Can be combined with cheese or bread. Chefs use it in chopped form as a seasoning for fish, mushroom and meat dishes. Black garlic can be used to make sauces and oils.
Reference. Regular garlic is not recommended to be heat treated, as it loses its beneficial properties. But black garlic is not afraid of her!
Black garlic oil or its compound oil is widely used for cooking:
The oil is suitable for pizza and sandwiches.
At home, you can cook simple meals using garlic.
- 2-3 tsp citric acid;
- Take a head of garlic, peel, wash, dry.
- Take 500 gr. jar, put the garlic in it and pour boiling water over it, let it cool and pour it over again.
- Add citric acid, sugar, salt, seasonings (to taste: cloves, bay leaves, dill, peppercorns).
- Pour boiling water over everything and roll up the jar.
- 1 chicken;
- black garlic;
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Rub the chicken with salt and spices (whatever you like).
- Peel the black garlic and stuff the chicken with it.
- Fry the chicken in a pan until golden brown.
- Wrap the chicken in foil.
- Place the chicken on a deep baking sheet with a wire rack under it to raise it above the baking sheet. Pour half a cup of water onto a baking sheet.
- Darken the chicken in the oven at about 160 degrees for an hour.
Black garlic is even used to make chocolate!
We hope that after reading the article, you have received answers to all your questions. Surprise your family and friends!