We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For a grower, any pathological conditions of his pets are always stressful. Balsam leaves that have changed their appearance are able to tell the owner exactly what pathology has struck the plant. Symptoms noticed in time are the key to the ability to save the flower from death. The leaves of a diseased plant can dry out, change color, curl, become stained and fall off. Each of these phenomena has its own reasons, which means that the methods of struggle will be different. You may have to change the conditions of detention, care or fight pests. Read more about the causes of balsam's disease, methods of control and prevention ...
The decorativeness of balsam directly depends on compliance with the irrigation regime. Its leaves and stems are very juicy, containing a large amount of water. This moisture saturation must be constantly maintained. Probably, it was thanks to the responsible flower growers that the balsam received the nickname "Vanka wet", since with abundant watering, small droplets of sweet liquid appear along the edges of the leaf.
From the video you will learn about the features of balsam and caring for it:
What are the problems with sheet plates and why?
There may be several reasons for this ailment:
- Spider mite infestation. You can get rid of the pest with the help of insecticidal preparations, and one treatment will not be enough, the tick larvae persist and, after a while, begin to exert a harmful effect again. Therefore, the treatment is recommended to be carried out every week until the complete disappearance of the parasite.
- Indoor air is too dry. If the pot is located near the heating radiator, you should move it to another place, cooler. The main thing is to make sure that the temperature is not too low. The balsam sheds its leaves from the cold.
- Low room humidity. To remedy the situation, you need to spray the area around the plant twice a day.
- If the balsam is not transplanted for a long time, it, having taken all the substances necessary for healthy development from the soil, begins to suffer from their lack. In this case, feeding or transplanting will help.
- Leaves that are exposed to direct sunlight burn and dry out. Balsam is best kept in partial shade.
- If the soil is too dense or the earthen lump is too hard from lack of watering, the roots cannot fully develop. This can dry out the balsam.
What diseases and pests of balsam can destroy a flower, as well as about the causes of their occurrence and control measures, read here.
Important! Dried leaves must be removed from the plant and, as soon as possible, begin to take resuscitation measures.
The reasons why balsam loses the color intensity of foliage can be as follows:
- The plant is burnt by intense sunlight. To provide the balsam with a comfortable environment, it needs to be shaded.
- There is a lack of nitrogen fertilizers. The problem is solved by making appropriate dressings.
- Insufficient lighting. The photosynthesis process does not start.
- If the leaves have acquired a whitish tint due to plaque, then they are affected by powdery mildew. This is a fungal infection that occurs due to excessive humidity in the air. You can help the plant by applying fungicides.
The most likely causes of the problem:
- The defeat of the plant by the whitefly. Larvae, in the form of small white grains, must be found on the back of the leaf. You can help the plant with the help of insecticides.
- A sudden change in temperature or a change in conditions of detention introduces balsam into a state of stress. A perfectly healthy plant against this background can shed its leaves. It is necessary to protect the flower from adverse factors, or, if it has already suffered, do not disturb and allow it to recover.
- The correct watering regime for balsam is as the top layer of the soil dries out. Waterlogged soil can cause leaf shedding.
- Dry soil can also cause foliage loss.
- If the balsam does not have enough light, instead of decorative branches, you can see long bare shoots. If necessary, the plant must be supplemented.
- Lack of nutrients in the soil or complete assimilation of the substrate by the roots also leads to the shedding of leaves. In this case, the flower needs to be fed or transplanted.
Why balsam's buds and flowers fall, as well as how to solve and prevent this problem, read here.
Covered with spots
- Falling water droplets on the plant. It is not recommended to spray balsam directly on the leaves.
- Mechanical damage due to the vital activity of pests. Parasites must be removed, and the balsam must be treated with insecticides
- Spots can be symptoms of fungal infections that occur in conditions of high humidity, excess nitrogen in the soil and sudden changes in temperature. Reducing irrigation, adjusting the conditions of maintenance and treatment with fungicides helps to stop the disease.
Why the leaves of indoor balsam turn yellow and how to reanimate the plant, you can find out here.
This symptom signals a tick infestation of the plant. Dry warm air provokes the reproduction of pests. The problem is solved by using insecticidal preparations of systemic action and adjusting the conditions of detention.
Attention! The balsam pot should be placed away from heating devices and the air in the room should be humidified.
In order not to look for ways to solve the problems of balsam that have already arisen, it makes sense to carry out prevention in time, namely:
- Create optimal conditions for the plant for growth and development.
- Organize competent care (you will learn how to properly care for balsam so that it blooms here).
- Conduct regular examinations of the flower for the presence of pests.
In order to become the owner of balsam, striking in its decorativeness, it is necessary to carefully consider the organization of a competent regime for keeping a flower. Only a healthy plant can become a unique interior decoration for many years.