Radish is famous among the people not only for its taste, but also for its medicinal qualities. This root vegetable is especially useful in combination with honey. These two products are valuable separately, but their union is many times superior to other folk recipes in terms of the amount of vitamins and nutrients. Radish and honey complement and enhance each other's properties, giving a person a truly healing medicine.
In this article, we will figure out what are the benefits and harms of a remedy based on vegetable juice and honey, how to treat a cough, colds and other diseases, how much to insist and store the mixture.
The chemical composition of the rare honey remedy
When treating colds, not the radish itself is usually used, but its juice. There are many recipes for making a mixture of radish and honey, but the result of all the recipes is the same - a mixture of vegetable juice and honey. A mixture of radish and honey juice, combined in equal proportions, contains per 100 g: 175 kilocalories; 44 g carbohydrates; 0.1 g fat and 1.4 g protein.
Vitamin and micro- and macroelement composition of radish with honey:
- vitamins: A, C, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, E, PP, K;
- trace elements: iron, iodine, cobalt, copper, fluorine, manganese;
- macronutrients: calcium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium.
Also, the medicine is rich in essential oils, enzymes, organic acids, phytoncides.
You can find out about the chemical composition and calorie content of the radish itself here.
Benefit and harm
Radish with honey, like any remedy, has its advantages and disadvantages. There are also certain groups of people who can or cannot be treated in this way.
Useful properties: what does it help from?
- Treatment of dry and wet coughs for diseases such as influenza, bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial mucosa), tracheitis (inflammation of the tracheal mucosa), pneumonia.
- Favorable effect on the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Lowering blood cholesterol levels, cleaning blood vessels.
- Development of healthy intestinal microflora, destruction of pathogenic flora.
- Reducing edema.
- Stimulates appetite and improves digestion.
- Treatment of diseases of the liver, kidneys, biliary tract, nervous system, radiculitis.
- Removal of parasites.
Reference! Radish with honey is used not only for the treatment of the above diseases, but also for their prevention.
Despite the benefits, a mixture of radish and honey has contraindications:
- heart diseases;
- gastritis and stomach ulcers;
- recent heart attack or stroke;
- severe atherosclerosis;
Honey is a strong allergen and must be taken with extreme caution. In rare cases, honey causes a strong reaction in the body in the form of hives or dermatitis.
How to take root vegetable juice? It should not be taken in large quantities even by people without gastrointestinal problems, as it can cause bloating in the intestines, pain, irritation of the stomach walls.
Features of use for adults and children
For the treatment of a cough that is not eliminated by drugs, and for a quick recovery, adults need to take 1 tbsp. spoon of medicine 3-4 times a day. For children from 7 years old, the daily dosage of radish with honey is much less than for adults, and is 1 teaspoon 1-2 times a day after meals.
Doctors do not recommend treating a child with this mixture for more than 7 days. If during this time the cough has not passed, more serious methods must be taken. It is also necessary to make sure that the child is not allergic to the constituent medications.
How to use for adults for medicinal purposes?
Radish with honey is undoubtedly a useful folk remedy for colds, infectious and other diseases.
but independent treatment of acute diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract only with folk remedies is fraught with complications and the emergence of chronic forms. Treatment of such diseases is carried out only by a doctor.
Drinking a healing mixture of honey and radish will bring maximum benefit as an additional therapy to the course of treatment prescribed by your doctor.
Which vegetable to choose?
There are many types of radish. Each species has valuable properties, eg:
- Lobo radish (oblong) cleanses the body, improves digestion and prevents the development of fatty liver.
- White root vegetable helps to strengthen the immune system and rid the body of harmful bacteria.
- Black radish recognized as the leader in the content of essential oils and vitamin C and is considered the most effective for the treatment of cough.
- Green root vegetable it is used for diseases of the kidneys and cardiovascular system. Also, green radish is effective for colds, however, unlike black, it has a milder therapeutic effect, therefore, it is prescribed mainly for children for the treatment of cough.
It is necessary to choose not only the right variety, but also high-quality root crops.
Radish selection rules:
- The size of a suitable fruit varies from 5 to 15 cm in diameter. A small radish is considered unripe, a large one - old and poor in vitamins.
- The vegetable should not have cracks, damage and traces of pests on the outside - all this leads to an early deterioration of the product.
How to prepare the composition: a recipe with a photo
Consider a recipe for making a honey-rare remedy, and some moments of the process can be seen in the photo. For the preparation of the most popular medicinal tincture mixture you will need 1 medium-sized radish and 2 tbsp. spoons of honey.
- wash the root crop thoroughly under running water and cut off the top from it;
- using a knife or spoon to make a depression in the cavity of the root crop;
- put 2 teaspoons of honey in the recess;
- cover the hole with a previously cut top;
- insist 10-12 hours.
For stability, this "pot" must be placed in a cup or bowl. This procedure with one root vegetable can be repeated up to 3 times, then use a new vegetable. There is an easier way to prepare this medicine. It is enough just to mix fresh radish juice and honey in equal proportions, let it brew for a day. The resulting syrup can be stored in the refrigerator.
How to make a mixture and take a cough?
Radish and honey effectively treat bronchitis by stimulating the secretion of phlegm in the lungs. The therapeutic effect is achieved due to the expectorant, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating and antimicrobial action of the drug. Along with the usual tincture for bronchitis, a more complex remedy is also used.
Consider how to prepare a remedy for bronchitis:
- Cut a small root vegetable and a few leaves of aloe into cubes.
- Put everything in a saucepan, add 1 glass of water and bring to a boil.
- After 20 minutes add 1 tbsp. spoon with a slide of honey, mix thoroughly and cool.
The mixture must be taken 3 times a day for 2 tbsp. spoons. The course is 2 weeks.
For the treatment of bronchitis, radish with honey is also used as a mustard plasters. along with horseradish. It is necessary to grate 100 g of radish and horseradish on a fine grater, mix with 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey and the same amount of salt. In the absence of a high temperature, the patient's back is rubbed with this compound, wrapped in a cloth and left overnight.
Important! Radish with honey can be used for bronchitis only as an adjunct to the main treatment, and only with the permission of a doctor!
How to cook black radish with honey in the treatment of cough in children, see the video below:
How to take cold medicine?
The mixture must be taken 4 times a day for 1 tbsp. spoon 30 minutes after eating to exclude the possibility of a gag reflex. The course of treatment is up to 10 days.
Does it help with kidney disease?
A root vegetable and honey mixture is also effective in removing kidney stones. From the usual tincture, you can prepare a medicinal product for long-term storage:
- It is necessary to mix radish juice, honey and vodka in equal parts.
- The resulting mixture must be poured into a glass container and insisted in a cool, dark place for 3 days.
Alcoholic infusion is used only after the approval of a doctor for 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day 10 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 21 days.
Treatment of gallstone disease
If there are no liver problems, radish with honey is suitable for the treatment of gallstone disease. It is necessary to drink 200 ml of a mixture of root vegetable juice and honey every day after each meal. In this case, the juice and the bee product must be mixed before use.
The course of treatment is 3 weeks with repetition in a month.
Radish with honey is an inexpensive natural remedy widely used for the treatment and prevention of many ailments.
Before treatment with folk recipes for such serious diseases as bronchitis, pneumonia, cholelithiasis, it is necessary to find out the opinion of a doctor. If the doctor does not recognize the effectiveness of radish with honey in the treatment of a specific disease, you should not self-medicate.