We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Spinach is not a frequent guest on the tables of many families. This is a vegetable annual herb. Wild spinach is native to Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and the Caucasus.
It is not as popular as carrots or potatoes, but it enjoys great fame in different countries of the world, because possesses a large number of useful substances. It can be applied and used to combat extra pounds.
All this is due to its chemical composition. What is in the composition and how many calories are in a fresh plant? This is exactly what you will learn from this article.
Chemical composition and nutritional value (KBZhU) per 100 grams
What is the plant rich in?
100 grams of fresh spinach contains:
What is the content of vitamins in the plant?
- PP - 0.6 mg: takes part in oxidation processes, helps build immunity.
- Beta Carotene - 4.5 mg: will increase resistance to stress, protect against aging, reduce the risk of oncology, improve vision, maintain a healthy mucous membrane, improve the functioning of the gonads.
- Vitamin A - 750 mcg: regulates protein production, normalizes metabolism, protects against viral infections, has a healing effect, makes the skin elastic, smooth and heals skin diseases.
- Thiamin (B1) - 0.1 mg: takes an active part in the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, protects cells from the toxic effects of oxidizing products, improves brain function, memory, attention, thinking, stimulates the growth of bones and muscles, slows down aging, improves appetite, reduces toothache.
- Riboflavin (B2) - 0.25 mg: converts fats and carbohydrates into energy, increases the absorption of other substances, strengthens the immune system, increases brain activity, normalizes the thyroid gland, improves visual acuity, increases hemoglobin.
- Pantothenic acid (B5) - 0.3 mg: Forms antibodies, improves the absorption of other substances, helps to produce adrenal hormone, helps with stress, inflammation, burns fat.
- Pyridoxine (B6) - 0.1 mg: normalizes blood glucose, increases efficiency, improves the cardiovascular system, prevents the occurrence of ischemia, heart attack, atherosclerosis.
- Folic acid (B9) - 80 mcg: has a beneficial effect on the liver and digestion, transmits impulses between the cells of the central nervous system, regulates the excitation and inhibition of the nervous system, is necessary for the normal development of the fetus and normal pregnancy.
- Vitamin C - 55 mg: actively participates in the formation of blood elements, assists the immune system in the fight against pathogens, participates in metabolism, increases the elasticity of cell walls, removes cholesterol and heavy metals.
- E - 2.5 mg: fights aging, prevents pathological peroxidation processes, compensates for the lack of other vitamins.
- Phylloquinone (K) - 482.9 mcg: has a high healing effect, participates in the work of the gastric bladder and liver, normalizes metabolism, neutralizes poisons, which helps protect against destruction of liver cells and the formation of tumors.
- Biotin (H) - 0.1 mg: participates in all metabolic processes, improves metabolism, organizes proper cell growth, improves hair and skin, improves bone marrow tissue, reduces muscle pain.
- Choline - 18 mg: restores liver tissue, normalizes fat metabolism, improves short-term memory, removes cholesterol, strengthens cells, produces insulin.
- Niacin equivalent - 1.2 mg: takes part in the processes of metabolism, protein synthesis, production, accumulation and use of energy in the cells of the body.
- Potassium - 774 mg: activates the brain, strengthens muscles, protects the heart and blood vessels, normalizes blood pressure, strengthens bones, eliminates muscle spasms.
- Magnesium - 82 mg: Strengthens tooth enamel, improves dental health, relieves muscle and joint pain, regulates blood sugar, improves respiratory function, controls growth, lowers blood pressure, relieves fatigue and migraine, controls heart rate.
- Calcium - 106 mg: maintains the health of teeth and bones, normalizes blood clotting, prevents blood clots, normalizes the endocrine system, relieves muscle spasms, cramps and twitching.
- Sodium - 24 mg: ensures normal growth and condition of the body, participates in the transport function of blood, contracts muscles, dilates blood vessels, prevents heat or sunstroke.
- Phosphorus - 83 mg: corrects metabolism, prevents the development of chronic diseases, participates in the formation of bones, restores the nervous system.
How much iron, zinc, copper and other trace elements are in the plant?
- Iron content - 13.51 mg: provides tissue respiration, controls the level of cellular and systemic metabolism, carries oxygen, maintains immunity, creates nerve impulses and conducts them along nerve fibers, ensures body growth.
- Zinc - 0.53 mg: strengthens the immune system, renews the work of many organs, destroys microbes, forms phagocytes, renews cells, actively promotes protein synthesis, heals wounds, produces sebum.
- Copper - 13 mcg: produces collagen, has an anti-inflammatory effect, tidies up the digestive system, protects bones from fractures, normalizes the thyroid gland, increases immunity.
- Manganese - 0.897 mg: will restore muscle tone, prevent the development of diabetes mellitus, quickly heal tissues, improve growth, brain function and the formation of new cells.
- Selenium - 1 mcg: Prevents cancer, improves blood circulation, reduces free radicals, relieves inflammation, increases the body's resistance to disease.
Essential amino acids
What else does spinach contain?
- Valine 0.120 - 0.161 g.
- Histidine 0.046 - 0.064 g.
- Isoleucine 0.084 - 0.147 g
- Leucine 0.150 - 0.223 g.
- Lysine 0.120 - 0.174 g.
- Methionine 0.026 - 0.053 g.
- Threonine 0.092 - 0.122 g.
- Tryptophan 0.039 - 0.042 g.
- Phenylalanine 0.120 - 0.129 g.
Essential amino acids
- Alanine 0.110 - 0.142 g.
- Arginine 0.140 - 0.162 g
- Aspartic acid 0.230 - 0.240 g.
- Glycine 0.110 - 0.134 g.
- Glutamic acid 0.290 - 0.343 g.
- Proline 0.084 - 0.112 g.
- Serine 0.100 - 0.104 g.
- Tyrosine 0.063 - 0.108 g.
- Cystine 0.004 - 0.035 g.
Calorie content of a fresh plant per 100 g + BJU
How much protein, fat and carbohydrates are in a plant?
- Fat - 0.39 g.
- Proteins - 2.86 g.
- Carbohydrates - 3.63 g.
- Energy value per 100 g - 20.5 kcal.
Difference in composition
- Boiled and fresh spinach.
Long-term processing destroys vitamins of group B. Therefore, boiled spinach will contain fewer vitamins useful for the body. For maximum vitamin preservation, cook for 3 to 7 minutes.
- Frozen and fresh spinach.
The composition of frozen spinach is no different from fresh spinach. Frozen spinach even has an advantage. It is safer as it is frozen immediately after collection. Unlike fresh, in which nitrites appear during storage.
- Different types and varieties of spinach.
The chemical composition of spinach does not depend on the type or variety of the plant. It is the same in all plants.
Plant Compatible Foods and Dishes
Avocado and spinach improve vision. Spinach and orange will boost energy. The combination of spinach with cheese, bacon, cream, nutmeg promotes energy production and oxygenates the body.
It is used for cooking:
- first and second courses;
If you've never used spinach to cook your favorite dishes, then by all means correct this mistake. In addition to the incredible taste, you will also receive irreplaceable benefits for the body.