We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Indoor or outdoor temperature is incredibly important to plants, just like light, water and humidity.
The orchid is no exception, the temperature regime is one of the most important factors in normal development.
This article tells about the temperature regime these plants love, what are the conditions of detention depending on the season and when the plant can get sick.
Why is a competent approach very important for the health of a flower?
If you are a florist and are madly in love with orchids, you should know that temperature regime is very important for them... In addition to such obvious factors as light, watering frequency, you need to pay attention to the air temperature in the room, because these plants are very picky in this regard. If the normal temperature shifts by at least 5 degrees, then your beautiful orchid will die.
With a competent approach to the choice of the temperature regime, you can easily and quickly grow a healthy and beautiful orchid that will delight you and your loved ones with its beauty for a very long time.
What temperature conditions do plants like?
There are about 30 thousand species of this beautiful plant in the world, which can be conditionally divided into three groups:
- Heat-loving... As you already understood, these types of orchids love warmth and they grow mainly in tropical countries.
For them, a temperature from 22 to 26 degrees is considered normal, small seasonal temperature drops are also acceptable.
For example, they can be in a room with a temperature of 35-40 degrees for a short time. (varieties: Wanda, Ludisia, etc.).
- Moderate... These plants are between two extremes, they can thrive in tropical conditions, but also will not die in more severe and colder temperatures.
A suitable temperature is considered to be in the range of 18-22 degrees, this is the normal temperature of the middle band. (varieties: Miltonia, Cattleya, etc.).
- Cold resistant... Such species grow mainly in the subtropics and high mountain regions, their peculiarity is that they require wintering in colder and drier places. The temperature regime for this type of orchid is a little more difficult, during the day a comfortable temperature is considered to be 22-25 degrees, and at night 11-15. (varieties: Tselogin, Cymbidium, etc.).
Conditions of detention depending on the season
- The temperature regime for the comfortable existence and development of a thermophilic orchid in the summer is 22-26 degrees. It is worth noting that orchids of this species do not hibernate in our usual sense of the word, since they live in relatively warm regions. There is a period when they do not bloom at all.
- The temperature regime for the normal existence and development of a temperate orchid in the summer is 18-22 degrees, and in winter the standard temperature of a living room during the heating period is not suitable for the development of a plant of this species. It is best to move it to a room with a temperature of 15-18 degrees.
- The temperature regime for the comfortable existence and development of a cold-loving orchid in summer is 22-25 degrees during the day and 11-15 at night, and in winter, its content makes it somewhat difficult for flower growers who keep it in their apartment. In winter, it should be transferred to the loggia or to the insulated balcony.
When can a plant get sick?
The temperature regime does not in any way affect the disease of the plant, basically it only affects the appearance. For instance, unsuitable temperature can dry out petals and flowers, which greatly affects the decorativeness of the plant.
If the temperature regime is not observed, then, in combination with other factors, parasites and various diseases may appear:
- Spider mite.
The consequences of a sharp change in temperature
A sharp change in temperature has a detrimental effect on all life processes of a plant, but it all depends on the type of plant. For example, a sudden change in temperature from warm to cold can be fatal for thermophilic orchids. And the cold-loving may not notice the changes.
Generally orchids are highly adaptable, which is clearly visible in hybrids, so they can withstand any temperature, but a sharp drop is a weak point in this beautiful plant.
The temperature regime for such an amazing plant as an orchid is insanely important. With the right temperature, your plant will develop and grow normally in order to delight you with its beauty later.